• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster GMT: Gen or Rep?

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Hi guys!

I'm in no way an Omega rep expert and this is not one of those crazy tests, haha. :lol:

I just wanna get your valuable input if this is a Seamaster GMT gen or not?

seamaster1.jpg

seamaster2.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks mates!

Carl77

Looking Around
19/2/12
Looks rep to me, particularly the bezel and the subdials position.

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
no strong ar characteristic for PO models. hard to say weather datewheel is sunken or not. if it's sunken then it's a rep 100%. even though i have never seen that particular model in person the one pictured looks like a cheap type rep

arcadia

11/8/11
Thanks guys for the input, appreciate it. Any other? :)

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
The date window is turned like in a gen, rather than a rep. Where the tops of the numbers are pointing towards the handstack. You dont see many reps with datewheels like that.

I cant say that there are no Omega reps like that, but I dont recall seeing any. Of course better pics would be nice, along with the chronos reset.

Update: Nevermind. I checked a TD website and the quartz has a properly aligned datewheel but wrong color. I didnt see the 21j. I have never seen a 7750 version of this one.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The crown is wrong. This gen model has a no-happy feet Logo. This rep's subdial spacing is too far apart. The hour hand is incorrect. The GMT hand extends too far to the indice on the rep.

Not Gen I say. ;)

23110445206001-30.jpg

arcadia

11/8/11
Thanks doover and r2d4, appreciate it.

Basing on your reference photo, yeah the crown is way off as well as the subdials. Below is a larger photo if anyone find other inconsistencies :)

seamaster3.jpg