• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster coaxial blue wave dial

Tony82s

Horology Curious
9/3/12
Hi all

After searching various forums high and wide I'm defeated that I have to resort to asking you fellow members where I can source a model 2220.80 SMP coaxial wavy blue dial (similar standard of rep to a BK submariner or DSN pam111)

I spend every minute searching this Eleanor even during my 9-5 :S I am also considering pre owned but if there is a source for premium rep I would like to see one beforehand. Trevor and Pure Time all seem to have the new 2012 version with plain blue dials.

Any guidance is appreciated

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Picture of Eleanor, please?
;)

ugly-girl.jpg

Tony82s

Horology Curious
9/3/12
Schwing!

Wondering what the rep version of that fine looking beauty you posted would look like!

I've message Hont, PT and all the usual suspect but no stock only lemons...

This is the elusive one:

naqe5ezu.jpg

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Most reps are of that are not all that accurate, especially the He valve. I was looking for this several years ago and I think Watch Eden did have this at that time. Don't know about now. The He valve was also incorrect.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
View attachment 26665

You want one like this??? I am so proud of this build I have to share it. Sorry for thread jack!! :wyliehelp:

Tony82s

Horology Curious
9/3/12
View attachment 26665

You want one like this??? I am so proud of this build I have to share it. Sorry for thread jack!! :wyliehelp:

Nice piece there surf!

But i have been after the smp with the red seamaster letters under the omega sign.

Unfortunately and it's with regret I have to put this mythological creature down to urban legend after i received an heart breaking barrage of replies from all our TDs that they have no idea why they can't source this any more even when it was one of their best sellers.

Tony82s

Horology Curious
9/3/12
007 homages are not an issue sourcing just the classic iconic piece alas

Found a great deal for a great condition pre owned 2220.80.00 for a little over£900.

An accepted road to salvation. God I love and hate this rep world!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
007 homages are not an issue sourcing just the classic iconic piece alas

Found a great deal for a great condition pre owned 2220.80.00 for a little over£900.

An accepted road to salvation. God I love and hate this rep world!

Better to go with the gen, as rep smps go, unless you find an old closed factory case franken cheap or even buy the new ceramic version rep which is the best we've seen then the options are poor quality reps which just won't cut it. There was never a good rep of the 'red' seamaster, it kinda was ignored, some reps such as the 007 editions were ok (He in right place!)but still needed a large amount of mods to look anything close to gen imo.