• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Chrono is it safe to use Chrono Function? (with some picts)

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Just received my Omega Seamaster Chrono Professional Blue Dial SS - 7750 from Times Shop. Is it safe to use the Chrono function on these? I know awhile ago there were Problems with the Rolex Daytona. Don't know if that has changed or if there would even be a similiar issue? The watch itself seems to be keeping good time so far. The dial is beautiful as is the overall "solid feel" of the watch.
2pobmdd.jpg

21lk8br.jpg

w8x8oh.jpg
ibgz8h.jpg

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
Man...these are so close to gen its scary..Make sure you stop the chrono before using the reset and most say not to reset unless sweep hand is after 8 oclock, I use mine regularly and have had no problems

Thes seem to have a crown stripping issue so be careful when screwing/ubnsdcrewing

The Rolex issues were largly on the seconds at 6 movement which the Omega does not have

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Daytona used to have problems due to the extra gear that was used for the seconds to 6..

Anyway, you must stick to what targa said..I only have to say that IMO A7750 is more for the looks and the knowledge that you have an automatic functional chrono..No for using the chronometer regularly..

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Yeah...they really are pretty darn close to gen. It is already one of my favorite watches! I agree, I would not use chrono too often, but nice to know it is functional.

I was unaware of potential crown strip issue, so thank you for letting me know that as well.

And, thank you both for the excellent input and advice!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well i have that watch also, i used the movement for two days (as its now in parts making a franken) and it was working like a charm. Basic rule is as Targa said is to stop the chrono before using the reset...

I noticed that mine needed it a "strong" shake to start, is this the same for you? Other than that it keept great time!

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Well i have that watch also, i used the movement for two days (as its now in parts making a franken) and it was working like a charm. Basic rule is as Targa said is to stop the chrono before using the reset...

I noticed that mine needed it a "strong" shake to start, is this the same for you? Other than that it keept great time!

A "moderate" shake would best describe it, to get the movement started on mine. So far, keeping great time and will probably end up being my "daily beater."

Would like to see some picts of your franken when done! :eek:)