• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Bond 50th mod?

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
I'm weighing the possibility of pulling the trigger on the low beat version of a Bond 50th...like this one.

http://www.p-cls.com/0omse10161-seamaster-50th-anni-asian-2813-p-12499

QC pics
http://imgur.com/a/g8UQK

a big part of this depends on how easily this can be modded to something closer to the 1:1 ver. Replacing the movement is a probably a snap, but dial replacement, case back/rotor, and possibly the bezel insert is what I'm targeting for mod. (...on this version the font and spacing on insert look pretty good so not sure about that yet)

anyone have some opinion or fact on my chances of sourcing these items considering this rep is fairly new?

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
I would spend the extra money and get the new Swiss version. Really a stunner, no

mods needed IMO.

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
...don't have the xtra $$$ right now to get the 1:1 and it might be fun to bring it up to speed over time. I might even be able to live with the low beat and avoid the cost of replacing the movement. It's the look I want to upgrade.

I would spend the extra money and get the new Swiss version. Really a stunner, no

mods needed IMO.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Don't do it, As above don't get the dg version, it's not a low beat version of the new rep, its a different rep by a different factory with substantially more flaws in it. Just look at it, wrong logos, no AR, bad pearl, bad bezel numbers, bad datewheel, not superlume etc. Its a different rep.
Save up and get the new swiss release, it looks very good. Sometimes its not just the movement that is extra cost.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Yeah don't do it! Its not worth it!

LOL feeling guilty cause an advice coming from a cheapskate wanting to mod a PO 42mm (DG 4813) LOL

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Modding cheaper version isnt a good move imho.

Anyway finding gen parts for this one, i dont think will be easy or that it will happen soon...