• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 James Bond 60th Anniversary by ER factory

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
We will have to see whether they have managed to mimic the animation on the case back, but good to see other factories working on it. Competition is healthy!

The crown guard area seems to be larger than VSF which I recall was a criticism.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
Notice the mesh bracelet has the larger end links to hide the ugly welds. a step in the right direction!

Route66

24/4/21
I'm a little bit worried about the declared 72 hrs PR: might it mean that it's a low-beat movement at 21600 bph/ 3 Hz?
Something like the gen Tissot Powermatic 80..

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
Im sure it will be based on the 2824 movement like orf/vsf

Horology Curious
22/3/22
The blue looks a little too bright, but that might just be the lighting.

Route66

24/4/21
Im sure it will be based on the 2824 movement like orf/vsf
Powermatic80 is actually based on the C07 movement, which in turn is based on ETA2824-2.
The PR of this movement was strecthed from 38 to 80 hours mainly, but not only, by reducing the frequency. Other significative deviations from 2824 are then in place as well.
It was the first thing which came into my mind as soon as I have seen that huge PR (provided that it's actually true).
That said, I hope my intuition is wrong.

Platonius

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/23
Looks great. Hope to see it at a TD soon. I avoid the VSF release because of the stripped crown issues people have.

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
was this ever released? if so who has it? and has anyone noticed the dial is missing the “swiss made” text?

Reactions: Valaj

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
it seems other than VSF all other factories that offer this rep missed the “swiss made” on the dial. kinda crazy because the same factories have other seamaster reps where the “swiss made” is clearly there. too bad the VSF has those unsightly crown guards 😖

Oilime

Proud daddy
Patron
Certified
31/8/17
🇪🇺
The gen has "SWISS MADE" around the 6 o clock marker. The rep above is missing that.

Sorry mate but I can’t see that and this is a picture taken from Omega website :unsure:
Where do you mean? I have exactly the same watch

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
Sorry mate but I can’t see that and this is a picture taken from Omega website :unsure:
Where do you mean? I have exactly the same watch

that’s due to the angle of the photo/distortion of the crystal hiding the text. you can take a look at actual photos of this watch being sold on ebay or chrono24 or videos on youtube and you’ll see the “swiss made” text is cleary there.

what do you mean you have exactly the same watch? you have the gen or the ERF rep?

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22

another thing i just noticed, on the gen the minute markers are connected, but on this rep they’re seperated. seems like VSF is the only factory that got the dial right.

Genuine_Tourbillon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
England

another thing i just noticed, on the gen the minute markers are connected, but on this rep they’re seperated. seems like VSF is the only factory that got the dial right.
It doesn't matter on any of these reps because the animation isn't there.

It's a pointless buy.

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
It doesn't matter on any of these reps because the animation isn't there.

It's a pointless buy.
i kinda disagree lol. i’m not as concerned with the part of the watch i’m not going to look at 99% of the time as opposed to the part i’m going to look at 24/7. not really worried about other people taking a look, more for my own satisfaction than anything else.