• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sead told me that now everything closed !

Manuel8080

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/4/16
Hello , Sead told me that now everything is closed! Police raids ..... anyone knows ?

chrvolt

22/4/10
Greece
True
Trusty confirmed it
"There will be delays with QC and stocks because of the recent raids.
Factories and others will be closed to avoid issues at the moment"

Reactions: EuroTime25

e46seca

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/10
United States
????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????‍♂️ Intime confirmed the same thing. No orders can be placed due to raids !?!?! I guess it’s getting pretty serious , what’s to come of the rep market if they get shut down ? Maybe months / years to get back where it’s at now

Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
, e46seca, you a fellow e46 owner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
It has a thread in general forum about the raids. Shortly said: 1-2 weeks delay. Noob and GMF raid /partially raid. Some TDs also undercover a few days. Dont pnic, drink a coke or two:)

Azboth

Horology Curious
22/2/21
Seems to me that the more broader audience in the wild across social platforms ( ie Reddit, Facebook, Youtube, etc ) is bringing on more unwanted attention,,,to the wrong people.
It's always the same old story repeating itself. Everything system trends to falldown once it's popular, it applies to reps but also to File sharing platforms (Napster, Kazaa, eMule, bitorrents, newsgroups), Sneakers collecting (bots, raffles,...) or even fashion on a certain scale.

Once an ecosystem is made know from the general public it goes awol because you bring unmatchable demand and context is not understood by the newbies (inherently illegal activity, secrecy, risks involved with orders, etc...)

On the end everything crumbles and is replaced, internet and now social and video platforms are amplifying the phenomenon. In our case I was quite surprised to be able to find more and more videos on youtube, not just comparing gens to fakes, but dedicated videos to reps with whatsapp numbers or email to order. I don't know where it will lead us and I am sure the rep business will find a way to still exist but the level of attention (and quality of the reps tbh) is quite high...

Envoyé de mon GM1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I really do hope this is not yet again another deliberate attempt to increase rep watch prices which is already high enough at this point, or else we'll all say buh bye ciao to this fun hobby!

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular
I really do hope this is not yet again another deliberate attempt to increase rep watch prices which is already high enough at this point, or else we'll all say buh bye ciao to this fun hobby!

I think Azboth pretty much nailed it.
Too much widespread publicity on "open" social platforms can NOT be ( more than temporarily ) good for long term prospects.
Hell, Y**t_be now allows not just posting video reviews but the posting of video sales.
But I have to agree: it certainly can't be good for future rep pricing.

You can only put on a price that the market will stand. If you look at the Facepalm rep groups, the so called "Trusted Dealers" (one of which who was booted from here recently) are having to resort to raffling their stock because they've flooded their own markets with high priced reps that are all being bought from the same places and having their cut added on.

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
The rep dealers are not too bright. They use FB,Insta,Whatsapp, and Youtube. The most heavily surveillanced platforms out there. What do they expect?

pana-reye

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/4/13
I feel the days are numbered for rep factories- sadly

Last edited: