• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Screw tube issue

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hi guys!
I have a problem.. Im was change strap on my diver and the screwtube just spinns. It wont comeout.. have you experiens this? What did you do? Did you drill the pin out? Or do you have a secret move? Please let me know guys. Nothing happens when i screw. Not unscrew or screw.. nothing??

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
And YES i use two screwdrivers.. :))

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
You seem to be having a few problems with screws lately. The threading on your bar and cap is probably stripped. You want to avoid drilling it out: you do not want to damage the strap. You can remove the strap by removing all four plots. Then put the strap/plots in a ultrasonic bath with some cleaning solution and water. It sometimes shakes an unthreaded cap loose. You can sometimes also insert a wooden toothpick in the slot of the cap (not the bar) and pull it out if it no longer is held by threads.

Reactions: sn95 and Tompa

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hahah tell me about it... :( Im going crazy here.. Hmm okey i will trie that. Thanks brother. And i need to buy a par of new screwtubes. Is this a common issue? I have 2 AP’s with the same issue. And the first one i have i never ever change the strap on. I got i from toro i used the watch for a few weeks and then Im gona change strap and its the same issue, the cap just spinns and wont come out..Both sides of the screwtubes just spinns. Hate this screwtubes..

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Somewhat common issue with replica bars and caps. Be happy they did not thread lock them together, as then you would need to drill. There are some aftermarket replacements from AP bands and on Ebay. And then of course there are the gen parts.

Reactions: Tompa

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Thanks for your input/help Buddy. Realy like you guys and this forum. With all the knowledge you and legend and the rest of the guys have. And the will to help out a friend in need with tips and tricks :) Thank you so mutch buddys!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
rep factories need improve the tolerance on screw bars and caps and not use cheap metal. lucky i got free pairs after i buy DW from mike for the diver v7

Reactions: Jurgenk

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I encountered a similar issue with a stripped screw. When I searched I saw many members lamenting paying $20 for a set from topwatchparts or aliexpress. Maybe this can help someone.

This was the cheapest source I found. The screws came quickly. See pics below, ty.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tubes-and-...demaes-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore/223449549587

New Screw (top) vs Stripped Screw (bottom)
20190708-163347.jpg

Honcos from eBay
20190708-152909.jpg

Reactions: Tompa