• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scratched crystal on PO 42mm from Trusty/Andrew

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Hi guys - can anyone advise me of the best (and cheapest!) way of replacing or repairing the crystal of my PO as it has a deep scratch. Am I right in assuming aggressive polishing will damage the AR coating? Thanks in advance...

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Is it new? If it is I'd be contacting Andrew and looking for a replacement...either watch or free unscratched crystal?

If not then there are a number of people across the forum who will provide an AR service at a small charge, (someone will fill you in on who is the best to go with currently...many have busy workloads and all that!)

Polishing it will definitely get the scratch out...but unfortunately will remove the remaining AR down to bare crystal.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Hello mate yeah the watch is new and it's more like a tiny chip just below the the 3 min marker. Not awful but not good for a brand new watch. I've emailed Andrew - understandably he wants photos - will keep you posted...