• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

scam? i hope ther is a mistake!

hardass

Horology Curious
13/2/13
hello everybody,

i have a problem, when i ordered on puretime (228 dollars) website i choose credit card payement, i followed different steps like we can do from all websites using credit card payement.
puretime redirect me on a website to finalize the payement, i had doubt on this so i check on internet, but there was no information about this site (not puretime, but billing website).
24 hours later i received a confirmation mail about a "payement succeedful" and 2 days after my credit card was charged. (228 dollars). all is allright at this point.
but:

i asked puretime if they know this website and they answer me today (due to CNY): "it is not ours."

so did i get scammed? i think yes. puretime did not protect customers and now i loose 228 dollars buying on puretime. :facepalm:

i know they have at this moment problems with their website so i'm waiting for precisions but i m not very confident...

i hope they will find a solution because i wanted to buy 2 PAM's from them...

sorry for the bad english

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
er, what was the website?
Puretime DO protect their customers, if you ordered at the real PT site (and not a clone) of cause it was their processor.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
There is a fake PureTime site out there that is a scam. I hope you went to the correct URL as instructed in their dealer section.

Also, due to the language barrier and how busy the must be right now, "not ours" could mean it is an independent 3rd party processing company which they use but do not own or control.

Please post up any info you have. Particularly the website you used for Puretime and the website for the payment processor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hardass

Horology Curious
13/2/13
i used puretime.co and when i ordered and choose credit card payment i checked again the url (always puetime.co)

so puretime redirect on another website to finalize payment (like a lot of dealers does). this website is: ssIbillpay.com

if i have more info i will post here, and finally (i hope) if there is no trouble i will write that with very huge letters...

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
i used puretime.co and when i ordered and choose credit card payment i checked again the url (always puetime.co)

so puretime redirect on another website to finalize payment (like a lot of dealers does). this website is: ssIbillpay.com

if i have more info i will post here, and finally (i hope) if there is no trouble i will write that with very huge letters...

If you ordered from puretime.co you will be fine, that is their website, see thread below.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/puretimes-new-domain-101706

hardass

Horology Curious
13/2/13
sure 100% that was puretime.co. i really hope it is a misunderstanding. the best thing to do is waiting because they may be very busy...

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I hope that you know they have been closed for almost all of Feb due to Chinese New Year, you must be more patient.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I hope that you know they have been closed for almost all of Feb due to Chinese New Year, you must be more patient.

LMAO (In reference to the whole month of Feb, and how many times we repeat this..., next year, I am taking the month off from watches........ If I can.)

hardass

Horology Curious
13/2/13
i know, they came back today, it's why i received a mail of puretime billing support today that indicates "it is not ours". maybe i will have more information before end of the week.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
well its a credit card billing site, so of course it's not theirs. It's an independent third party credit card processing site. But if you paid through a link from Puretime.co then you will be fine. Just relax.

Rustyhammers

Horology Curious
17/9/12
The first time I ordered from pure time i was sent to sslepay.com and i was nervous that I just sent my money to a scam sight, but I later found out it is their 3rd party payment website and as far as i know it is safe to use.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry for the confusion, we are busy working on the web-site and hope to bring it back soon.

Please email [email protected] if this issue is still not resolved, really sorry.

hardass

Horology Curious
13/2/13
Thanks for the answer, i am waiting because i have to place order for 2 pams as soon as possible.

Causer

Known Member
8/1/12
Hope this gets resolved soon before I call Visa and retract my payment.

hardass

Horology Curious
13/2/13
the billing website was good because puretime received the money.
i choose a watch more expensive so i have to pay the difference, puretime wants western union but WU asked me by phone more information (date born, address, unmber of id card...) concerning the person who will receive the money. is it normal?

seamaster1974

Horology Curious
23/1/13
@hardass well, WU asks for more data when u want to make more then 2 transactions. I've paid PT over WU and i will never do it again. There is no way to get the money back and u don't get answers (i m still waiting for my watch). Pay with CC and you can cancel the transaction if you don't receive your watch.

hardass

Horology Curious
13/2/13
thanks for feedback. it's my first time with WU... i will ask puretime a refund (for what i paid with my credit card) and i will order something when their website recover.