• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Saw The New Moon Landing Gen- Nice!

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Spent a few days in Sydney Australia on the weekend- on my way back home from a holiday. Out walking one morning and spotted an Omega store. We don't have one here in WA. Anyway in the window in a solid looking display case was the new Moon Landing Anniversary Speedmaster.
The main feature on the watch is the "coin" at 9. It depicts the moon landing vehicle. Obviously not being able to get to touch or wear the watch I can't comment on anything more specific. Needless to say I doubt this watch will be rep'd due to the aforementioned detail. BUt still it was a nice buzz for me to see a gen Omega and one that is a limited edition run.
cheers

Renowned Member
30/3/09
And that is an immediate "tell." The coin at nine is of an eagle not the moon landing vehicle. Its just small details like that give the watch away easily. Not that I am trying to carry off any of my reps as gens. But when you see the gen and then see a poorly copied rep like that one it is not going to encourage me to purchase.
cheers 747

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
And that is an immediate "tell." The coin at nine is of an eagle not the moon landing vehicle. Its just small details like that give the watch away easily. Not that I am trying to carry off any of my reps as gens. But when you see the gen and then see a poorly copied rep like that one it is not going to encourage me to purchase.
cheers 747
Are you sure you saw what you thought you saw?

666804024_WvD8m-X3.jpg

Yes, that's from the official Omega website. No, I don't know why a chunk of the Pacific Ocean is missing from the Earth.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It feels exactly like the moonwatch except the variation on the dial. The nicest Speedmaster is the Snoopy and this comes at close second in my opinion. Third will be the anniversary version.

TheBluePrince

Horology Curious
23/9/09
I bought the GEN, it was a useless POS just like all new Omegas are :(

I've bought a standard Moony, Snoopy, Alaska and 40th Apollo - all broken from new and Omega couldn't fix them.

AVOID.