• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sapphire Gasket Issue

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
There are threads teaching how to thin up a gasket, but how about if the gen gasket is too thin for the retention ring to hold up the crystal tightly?
Most of the aftermarket gaskets only mention about the height but not the thickness.
In this sense, when those reps claiming to be 1 : 1 is not true at all......:confused:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
You may want to clarify to help :

What replica you're working on, i.e GMT, Submariner,

Which factory it's from, GSC, Clean, etc

What parts you are using, i.e gen gasket + gen crystal or just gen gasket + deep crystal, etc, etc

Reaps

-
25/9/22

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
You may want to clarify to help :

What replica you're working on, i.e GMT, Submariner,

Which factory it's from, GSC, Clean, etc

What parts you are using, i.e gen gasket + gen crystal or just gen gasket + deep crystal, etc, etc
Thanks for your comments.
I am working on the BP Milgauss GV. Tried to swap out the stock crystal with the gen but the gasket is too thin for the retention ring to hold up the crystal, and it falls off. The stock gasket is green which is not correct for the gen spec.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Thanks for your comments.
I am working on the BP Milgauss GV. Tried to swap out the stock crystal with the gen but the gasket is too thin for the retention ring to hold up the crystal, and it falls off. The stock gasket is green which is not correct for the gen spec.
Oh man you may have picked the hardest replica to franken... if I recall the ARF is the one you want for a franken base