• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Santos de Cartier 35mm GF 2024

hanso

Horology Curious
25/9/16
Share some pics and impressions if you try one, I haven't seen a detailed review.
sure! just wanna get some more informations about the BVF version, saw they got some fishy 40mm without date

jc368

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
14/7/11
sure! just wanna get some more informations about the BVF version, saw they got some fishy 40mm without date
You made me look again and I think it may be a fantasy dial - the Cartier website shows the 35mm has metallic applied numerals like the 40mm, but the Jtime pics for BVF look like they're white and inked directly on dial like the regular version.

Gen:

BVF:

hanso

Horology Curious
25/9/16
You made me look again and I think it may be a fantasy dial - the Cartier website shows the 35mm has metallic applied numerals like the 40mm, but the Jtime pics for BVF look like they're white and inked directly on dial like the regular version.

Gen:

BVF:
yea, it seems. because the 7 indicator also got the "cartier" in it, while the gen one metallic applied numeral dont got this cartierthing

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
yea, it seems. because the 7 indicator also got the "cartier" in it, while the gen one metallic applied numeral dont got this cartierthing
That’s a big mistake!!!
This will make it easier for the favorito rep now, because that wonky “Cartier” with the wonky “r” was a nightmare!
Can’t believe BVF got that sooooo wrong!

hanso

Horology Curious
25/9/16
That’s a big mistake!!!
This will make it easier for the favorito rep now, because that wonky “Cartier” with the wonky “r” was a nightmare!
Can’t believe BVF got that sooooo wrong!
yea if you want a genlike dial you gotta go for 40mm one

Reactions: ksaander

clockwork

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
22/12/07
GF is best factory , it is a total 1:1 nwtbig, but not available at TDs anymore.
BVF in my opinion is second best option.

Reactions: Buythedip

KenzoMoDE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/19
Yeah I saw that v6f version was on special on TT, so for the past week I've been reading that long long thread comparing them all. I'm debating between the v6f and the bvf now. Wish there were more opinions on build quality on the v6f. Gf was a no go for me since the screws are not genuine screws, just glued on. I can live with the small c on the v6f and the floating R on the bvf. I want to Which feels most solid when handling.

adaptive

Horology Curious
12/6/16
I recieved some pictures from fat panda and their cartier santos medium, you guys know what factory its from?

nettmann

My cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness.
23/3/24
SW Germany
The "R" in Cartier looks a little bit off. It seems to be BVF. But it could be the angle and the second hand in the way.

Nullinger

Horology Curious
12/9/19
Sorry guys, I have bad news for all of us. After a long time of waiting Lana told me, that GF is still not back in business. Not possible to say if they will come back.

aleks hk

Horology Curious
22/1/24
Not been keeping up on how recent the knockout is, but I got one (35mm white dial) from Steve a couple of months ago.

One of the screws has dropped out and I can't seem to get one out from the spare links however much I flame them on the gas hob :mad:

clockwork

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
22/12/07
Not been keeping up on how recent the knockout is, but I got one (35mm white dial) from Steve a couple of months ago.

One of the screws has dropped out and I can't seem to get one out from the spare links however much I flame them on the gas hob :mad:

That is why I ordered a BVF bracelet, GF is 1:1 and best Santos version, but bracelet has that problem...