• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Santos 100XL

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
What’s the best factory currently for the Santos XL and what do you guys think about the model below?

Thank you very much for your expertise and support.

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
BVF makes a fine XL and from what I have read is one of the best. Availability can be an issue thought.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
I will go with BVF for a Santos 100 XL, looks great and also thinner. Thank you very much!

JohnnyBlack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
9/9/22
Recently I ordered this watch and only available from TDs was GF factory. I will post pictures once it arrives.

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
I have a V6F Santos 100 XL on a gen brown strap. It attracts more compliments than most of my gen watches!! I got the gen strap from my local AD. for $375. Worth every cent. Night and day compared to the crappy rep straps (I had tried 4 different ones and they old dissolved in a matter of weeks).

Reactions: Richyv

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
I have a V6F Santos 100 XL on a gen brown strap. It attracts more compliments than most of my gen watches!! I got the gen strap from my local AD. for $375. Worth every cent. Night and day compared to the crappy rep straps (I had tried 4 different ones and they old dissolved in a matter of weeks).
Nice! What was the process for getting a gen strap from AD? Did they ask for any proof of purchasing or serial number?

Reactions: Richyv

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Nope. I just walked in and said I wanted it as a gift for a friend of mine. They were happy to sell it.

Richyv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/17
Colorado
I thought that I read a post where someone purchased a strap from Cartier and a couple of days later Cartier reached out to him asking for the serial number off the back of the watch. I have the GF Santos Xl and desperately want to replace the cheap strap that it came with, with a genuine Cartier.

Reactions: Dj3381

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
I thought that I read a post where someone purchased a strap from Cartier and a couple of days later Cartier reached out to him asking for the serial number off the back of the watch. I have the GF Santos Xl and desperately want to replace the cheap strap that it came with, with a genuine Cartier.
Well if you walk in with authority and wearing a nice watch (my JJF Vacheron Overseas) and say you want it as a gift (so it is clear you do not own the watch) they cannot ask for a serial number can they? They even offered me a Cartier watch box for free to put the strap in. I declined politely.

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Well if you walk in with authority and wearing a nice watch (my JJF Vacheron Overseas) and say you want it as a gift (so it is clear you do not own the watch) they cannot ask for a serial number can they? They even offered me a Cartier watch box for free to put the strap in. I declined politely.
Yeah makes sense. Thanks! Will give it a go

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Sure. A question you need to be sure the answer to for sure though is whether the gen strap will fit with whatever this BVF rep is. The gen strap fits perfectly a V6F but I have no idea about BVF.

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Also, the dial colour of the BVF seems a bit too white. In the gen (and the V6F) it is slightly creme.

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Is there anywhere that still has v6f?
Definitely not. I have a nearly new V6F Santos 100 XL on which I just put a gen Cartier strap but you will have to really tempt me to sell.