• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ruby's or Silix's 42mm PO?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to whether there are any real differences between Silix's and Ruby's 42mm PO with ETA. Ruby is selling hers for about $179 and Silix is selling his for $150 (but once you figure shipping, it goes up to $178). I previously read that Silix's PO comes from a different factory and is different than Josh's and Andrew's, but I don't know anything about Ruby's. Can anyone help?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
No one has any thoughts on this? I'm really itching to get one of these, but I'd like to know if there are any differences between the Silix and Ruby models.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Silix's is a little different. The hands are a little to short compared to others.

chucklehd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/07
Silix 45

I have a 45mm on the way. I found Silix very responsive and accommodating so far, especially since I've never transacted with him before. I plan to post pics and a mini-review when it arrives. Not sure if you can extrapolate to the 42mm, but perhaps it will help

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the version ruby has is the same one that josh and trusty have. it is more accurate than silex's version. i have her 45mm and 42.5 and they rock.

hope this helps, marc

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
hk45 knows his stuff.. right on the money

k

:D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
same here... Ruby has more accurate 42.5mm. It is the same quality as 4th Gen 42.5mm PO that TT is selling. Perhaps it will come with better Omega logo (not so close to the text anymore). Silix version has inaccurate case and dial too.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Well, crap. This is what I get for being impatient. I just paid for the Silix 42mm PO day before yesterday. Oh, well. At least it's ETA. And Silix did give me a discount on it, so I guess I can't complain that much. Are the differences really that noticable?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
seanf said:
Well, crap. This is what I get for being impatient. I just paid for the Silix 42mm PO day before yesterday. Oh, well. At least it's ETA. And Silix did give me a discount on it, so I guess I can't complain that much. Are the differences really that noticable?

Yes. The difference is quite a lot. The crown, the dial and the case. Not so much on the bracelet.

pedrobrites

Known Member
16/2/07
like all people say in this forum you have to be patience when comes the time to decide :wink:

it's not the end of the world when you recieve it if you don't like it sell it , and then buy the other one from ruby ! :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I am very sorry for my wrong advice.

Is this the piece that you are ordering?:
"http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1318" ?

If that is the case, it's the same piece as Ruby/Andrew 4th gen with fixed Omega logo. There's another version from Silix which apparently has been discontinued.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
That's the one.

So can I get a WOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!! Boo-yah!!!

And all is right again with the world.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
This is for your own reference:

"http://www.silix-prime.com/images/upfile/omes013-4.jpg"
Notice that the case on is polished...

compare it with this one, old silix version
"http://www.silix-prime.com/images/upfile/omes-h-7.jpg"

As you can see... the case is unpolished on the second picture with movement... So. If you are getting the first one, it is 4th gen, comes with plastic spacer ring.

If the second one, (wrong version) it comes with metal ring and dust cover (anti magnetic).

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I'm about to order this 42.5mm version. Is there anything I should ask Silix before he ships it? I've been wanting a PO for a long time and I think this is a good price now. This OMES013 has the He above 10 o clock right?

Thanks

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Silix's 42mm PO is the same as all the other 4th Gen POs on the market (Ruby's, Josh's, Andrew's, etc.). I'm not sure, but I believe the HE valve is in the right place. Silix's site reads 40mm because he sometimes doesn't count the edges of the bezel when measuring. It is 42 mm, though.

miquel

Known Member
6/9/06
The 4th gen PO is a great watch.

I have an orange/orange version and then I also got a black bezel insert to go with it. That way I can change them up.

dvn

27/5/06
Ruby's 4th gen is very good. I have it on my wrist right now.