• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Offshore Diver 15706 Black Ceramic ZF or APSF

livigelz

Getting To Know The Place
2/2/22
Canada
I have checked all the TD reps in RWI, and unfortunately, I could not find the AP ROO Diver 15706 Black Ceramic in ZF or APSF reps. My understanding is that this model might have not enough demand as compared to the 15707, so the ZF and APSF only produced the 15707. Any thoughts on where could I find the best 15706 rep? I previously had the JF, and it was amazing as it lasted for 8 years then it finally stopped. I did not continue fixing and maintaining the watch because it was not worth the money to keep fixing it as I believe it would be more worth it to buy a newer, better rep. If you are curious what was the problem, the dial kept rotating on itself for numerous times (my understanding is the tape kept on peeling off).

Nonetheless, according to my research, I have discovered from RWI that JF V2, XF V3 or IPF might have been the latest rep for the 15706, but let me know if I am wrong since I am looking for the best rep of the 15706. I personally love the 15706 more than the 15707; would anyone recommend more to get the 15707 since if there is no a good rep for the 15706 as compared to the 15707 ZF or APSF?

On a side note, has anyone compared side by side of the AP ROO Diver 15707 Black Ceramic of ZF and APSF rep? I am curious to know what are RWIs thoughts on these two: which one would be better (looks closer to gen) and more worth it to get? I have read the on the white ceramic thread that the ZF rep is much better than the APSF other than it being harder to change the strap. Furthermore, according to Puretime, the ZF version is the better one as well.

Let me know your thoughts. Thank you RWI!

centrum

27/7/14
These yellow forged carbon AP ROO's are already discontinued? I thought they were recently re-released by one of the big factories.

Oh dang, for the info you might wanna check out Reddit too.

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
I would suggest you to buy an ETA 2824, send your watch and new movement to a capable watchsmith and your watch will become alive again.
My JF FC 3.0 9 years old with Prof crystal+cyclops and custom Dw says hello :)

KFMSv3.jpeg

Regarding the Ceramic Diver, go with ZF, since it is the only one with proper matte black dial color; I just received QC of mine; the only flaw is the silver pinion at the center, but is an easy fix with a black matte paint
KFs5av.jpeg

Last edited:

livigelz

2/2/22
Canada
Your best bet is M2M... Any nuances between manufacturers aren't noticeable at arms length away, even a one to two feet away. That said I have an XF with gen dial and parts and it's hard to beat.

maybe, except for my 27603.
I completely agree with your perspective yet I am still relatively new to modding parts for my watch, but you made me curious to learn more to modding my watch. Thank you for the comments. On a side note, that XF with gen dial and parts looks superb though!!

livigelz

2/2/22
Canada
These yellow forged carbon AP ROO's are already discontinued? I thought they were recently re-released by one of the big factories.

Oh dang, for the info you might wanna check out Reddit too.
I could not find from any of TDs unfortunately, so I believe it may have been discontinued? But I could be wrong since APSF or ZF may just have not released the 15706 yet?

Thank you for the suggestion; I perhaps post the question on reddit as well. Would you say r/RepTime the best place to post the thread?

livigelz

2/2/22
Canada
I would suggest you to buy an ETA 2824, send your watch and new movement to a capable watchsmith and your watch will become alive again.
My JF FC 3.0 9 years old with Prof crystal+cyclops and custom Dw says hello :)

KFMSv3.jpeg

Regarding the Ceramic Diver, go with ZF, since it is the only one with proper matte black dial color; I just received QC of mine; the only flaw is the silver pinion at the center, but is an easy fix with a black matte paint
KFs5av.jpeg

Yoooo that is a very good suggestion actually; I might do that. Your mod looks amazing though!! I might consider that too.

Very much appreciated for your thoughts on the ZF or the APSF for the 15707. I would get the 15707 ZF then for my next order since I just got the 26470ST.00.A101CR.01 APF. Honestly, the QC of 26470 APF did not look so good though; I would most likely have to spend a lot to mod it closer to gen. Cheers!

centrum

27/7/14
I've done some research and it looks like the 15706 has long been discontinued unfortunately... Yeah, the 15707 should still be available from ZF and APSF. I'm personally going with the ZF. Have you decided on which factory to go with?

Regarding the 15706, I have high hopes from APSF and ZF that they will make it eventually, because they probably wouldn't want their clone 3120 go to waste.