• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROO EOD Straps

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
As few people started recently to be interested by the ROO,
I feel free to post some pictures (found on the web) concerning the different combination I have managed to find.
These straps are more dedicated to the EOD/old ROO case as you will see.

I think the strap obsession I developped about my PAM is not growing on my ROO recent interest (thanks TTK, ...)

For the one who are looking for those straps,
HKTAN told me he can do them as he has the matching measurments.
I also found some Ebay options (mostly Carbon fiber- price range from 30$ to 200$)

First Carbon, probably the less exciting one...

Croc yellow stitching, sounds already better...

Honedback black croc, yellow stitching remains one of my fav...

A quite interesting green option:

Now I am also wondering how a black PVD EOD will look on a light tan leather strap, it might be nice if you think about the same combination on a PAM009, PAM195, ...

finaly for the one who are interested in here is a picture of the Gen Back

dadog13

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
i actually like the one with lime green strap...i have also tried to find some nice leather straps for this one since soon i'll have it...even if the rep strap is so close to the gen...i still do not like that kind of strap...definitely will need a new one...

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
wow, didn't know that simona sells straps for AP as well.

i've just sent aaron an email abt a bllack dbl ridged hornback w yellow stitch. will take a month before i get it. the light tan sounds very interesting, maybe i shld make one as well..

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
@ dadog13: well, to be honest I am also waiting for one... I like the horned back version but I need to find a maker as I prefer to forget about OEM prices...

@azgjav: well I did the same as you, but before pressing the trigger on a dble ridged hornback/yellow stitching I told him that I'd prefer to wait and get the watch first to see if it's worth the investment... Anyway if you get one of these, please share the pict with us.
To be honest, I don't think the light tan will really work (due to the bright yellow numbers/hands), however imagine a yellow croc with black stitching, here I think the contrast should be terrific. I don't think the yellow strap will "eat the case" as anyway it it such a beast that the PVD will always pops up out of the strap...

Let's share ideas, as I am also considering aaron as the best option so far.

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
i believe hmwatchstraps has some straps for the EOD as well. unfortunately i've lost the link.

soysauce8

26/4/07
thats a hot AP End of days, especially on that lime green strap, with a cigar, your P.I.M.P.I.N.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
LOL ..damnn thanks for sharing those pics....

Azg...now u got an EOD..damn.. I need one..but my GST iis broken ..the movement i mean..so im not sure to pull a trigger for another ASAIN 7750 with chronos..eventho i dont use the chrono...

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
moggio said:
LOL ..damnn thanks for sharing those pics....

Azg...now u got an EOD..damn.. I need one..but my GST iis broken ..the movement i mean..so im not sure to pull a trigger for another ASAIN 7750 with chronos..eventho i dont use the chrono...

broken?! omg! that's nt good.. :S i guess u shld go and change the movement to a swiss 7750.

the movement of the EOD is even worse, it crapped out on me after a day, i've changed it to a swiss 7750 w black datewheel so all's good now.

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
when i choose my straps.. well, for me, at least.. this is my taste/theory

that it should compliment the watch and the stitching must reflect some highlight in the dial/face.. that's why i love straps like BBB's PVD on tan/brown with heavy black stitching, it highlights the case.. and compliments the watch beautifully..

just seeing the strap pics i right away liked the black-croc with yellow stitching for obvious reasons..

I wish you can find a golden-sand type strap with heavy black stitching and see how that works with the EOD, I think it would work rather niiiicceee :!:

great pics! should definitely help the EODers :twisted:

wig

Still New
16/6/07
Does anyone have a lead on the original EOD strap - the kevlar one? How much? where? It's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack on Google.

I am debating on trying to retrofit that on a standard ROO.

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
watch_me_tick
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:49 pm Post subject:
@ juanstar - Is that a Gen EOD dude? You have a nice collection of APs....

Yes Everything here is Gen,
unfortunately, my collection is only limited to those pictures.

They have been found on the web, none of these ROO belong to me... :(

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
white, green stitching, hornedback....

I am starting to think that the ROO is kind of exciting when it comes to straps.
Not as much as PAM, but pretty interesting, ...

As previously image is borrowed from the web, sorry.

dadog13

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
just got my first batch of AP straps...

6388372.jpg

only kidding...they cost 750$ each...
check this site...hxxp://www.apoffshore.com/classi ... ?a=2&b=661

juanstar

Known Member
30/5/07
Dadog13, you should sell these 9 straps...
If I am right 9*750= 6750$
almost enough to buy a nice used Gen....

:wink:

Anyway, it's insase 750$ a strap...
No comments...

dadog13

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
i was just kidding...these are not mine...i am trying to find all over the web for some nice and affordable AP straps...seems the one i like are over 200$...up to the 750$...and i cannot afford myself spending this amount of $$$...

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
thats crazy $750 ?? i would rather buy something else... to much money till u spend only for damn strap lol

neverworn

Getting To Know The Place
31/1/07
the pic with the cigar.. this is a gen or isnt it :shock: :shock: