• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex submariner 40 movement GEN / VS / VR 3135 disassemble pictures

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hi fellows

This post may be a bit late, but we still make it. Better than never right🥲

This time we have Gen 3130, Dandong 3135, Shanghai 3135.

We used GEN 3130 to replace 3135 this time. The difference between them is only a calendar module, and other parts are common. It is time, energy and money consuming job to shoot these movement comparisons, so I hope everyone can understand us...

Need to mention that this Shanghai 3135 movement is the second version, and the spring attachments are not hidden. Let’s take it as a reference.

In general. The appearance of Dandong 3135 movement is much better than that of Shanghai. And there is not much difference between the Gen and Dandong's parts. Nothing to complain.As for stability, the repair rate is not high. It may be because Dandong has made a lot of movements, and customers are more accepting. Now Clean and VSF both are using Dandong 3135.

Then I have to mention that the Shanghai 3285/3235 are modified based on 3135, not 1:1 molding. The difference between parts and power reserve is more obvious but normal customers wouldn't disassemble the movement. Reps only need to have a stable movement and a close appearance for most of the people.

Clean sub41 is using VR3235. Although the movement is not as good as VS3235, most of the accessories are indeed much better than VS. Some customers care more about appearance, case, strap, etc., so they would choose clean. It's hard to say something about this. Every watch has advantages and disadvantages, it only depends on what flaws you can live with.

In the end, we took these pictures just for seeing the truth and also respecting the truth. We don't take sides.

Have a nice day
Adios

CTime

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Thank you so much @CTime for this posting here. Maybe a moderator can add this also to sticky topics.

It is also needful to mention how transparent you are and dont take sides even if known you have good relationship specially with CLEAN factory. I personally really apprecite that.

Reactions: CTime