• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex laser etching

Chico2035_boss

Horology Curious
27/12/15
Hi guys, please excuse me if i am starting a thread that has been created in the past but i have searched hi and low on the forum and found very limited information regarding this topic.
basicly im just wondering which rolex reps out there produce watches with the crown laser etched onto the crystal?
After looking through some of the QC pics the TDs have i couldnt see any showing the laser etched crown. In particular i am after a date just II in SS with the blue face dial.
Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
This looks to have it

RLX-2011-03-01-05-02_enl.jpg

D

d4m.test

It´s not easy to make out but it´s there, check the TD descriptions and if it´s mentioned:
IMG_4919c2_zpsk7sa0gcy.jpg

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15
Usually good reps have LEC..but imo it's really far from GEN.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If you can see it in a photo it's waaay too pronounced. The gen LEC can barely be made out with the naked eye and is very hard to capture on camera.

Don't know why people obsess on the Rolex LEC but never even mention that most Omega reps don't have the Omega symbol on the centre of the crystal like the gens. Really, anyone who notices your piece does not have an LEC is way to far into your personal space.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Personally, I'd rather have a rep with no LEC than with a poorly made and too obvious one.

+1. Couldn't agree more.

I don't really wear my rose gold day-date II for this exact reason. I hate that I can see it when I look at the face of my watch. I'd prefer if this watch didn't have the lec at all.

I will say my noob v5 and noob 116613 wrapped sub has a great lec where you can only see it at the right angles with light shining on it the way it's supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk