• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Deepsea Challenge James Cameron Noob V5

andreisirbu1999

Horology Curious
15/6/24
Does anybody own this watch, this replica?
Some said Factory doesn't produce anymore, its one of the Rarest replicas.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I can offer some advice and facts here since I went through this at the beginning of the year.

After reading another members post about Rolex Vs Omega challenge I liked the story of the DSC, Rolex Vs Omega, so decided to create a little Homage display below my main display cabinet, featuring the James Cameron 12000m Rolex DSC, and the production version of the Omega Ultra Deep. plus my own version of the story based upon several articles i had read, and some related photo's.

I found one for sale BNIB on DHG, it took months to arrive, only it didn't :cry:..............

In the end what I actually recieved was a regular Rolex Deepsea, OK it was a nice piece so as the seller had disappeared by then I kept it to add to my collection.

In the end because I was dead set on completing this display, I reached out to a member here and he extremely kindly sold me his 12000m DSC as he had hardly worn it.

The actual Victor Vescovo Omega UD watch is not available, so I bought an Omega UD with correct blue centre second hand and then found the correct Nato Strap.

My "Deepsea Challenge Rolex Vs Omega" sub display I created can be found here in Post # 244 :-

OR .....

If you are really interested head back in my thread you will see that my entire DSC story / saga all started in February this year, post 137 on page 7 of that thread ;)

I seriously doubt you will find one at any sellers now, will have to hope that just maybe one might come up for sale in M2M (y)

HTH

Last edited:

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Out of production for quite some time from the Factories , they also used to make it in pvd , blue, green , you can try on DHG , but always at your own risk that they don't send it to you or they send you a simple deepsea , good luck !