• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

rolex and panerai , why not have two in one watch? lol

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
well there r a few holy grails and u have seen some i have done like the milgaus, the explorer dial james bond no lugs and a few others but this one is very special to me cause i do like big watches but i also love rolex , well this watch is numbered 6152-1 made for the cammanders(and one of two of the marina militares watches i consider a holy grail) (most knows i am working on the destro as well which is the other holy grail in the big watches to me), the case and movment ,8mm brevet crown is made by rolex for panerai , for the italina royal navy and i believe egyptian commaders got these as well, back in the early 50's , one just sold at antiquorium for 33,350 6152-1 reference

ok here is my reproduction of this watch , it should have a solid caseback but i refinished the movment to look more realistic, this one should not have blue screws and should be really shiney , wheels and all , how do i know ? because i own the genuine movment , this is a great closeness of the movment btw, it is the mojina russan hand wind and it is a tank , one issue is if u uncase this movment u need to know what u r doing or u will never get the stem back in correctly (i promise) (i will soon do u a tutorial on this mechanism as well) other than that it is as gooad as a eta swiss imho

i aged the dial to the radium color cause radium was used for this particular watch not tritium , so instead of the brownish color the tritium ages aka patina , radium ages to a more antique white/pale beige color

-note the brevet crown should be more away from the case as u see i have done

many things were done to this baby, and i love it better than a fiddy cause it is 47 mm just like the 1950 but what makes the fiddy so bothersome for me is the huge crown guard it makes the watch wear like a 55mm to me and looks too big on my wrist , the 6152-1 wears nicely and not too for me clown like lol

i put me a MP vintage on it cognac and boy that strap feels so good on it

also i think i figured out how to take lume shots now, dont u ? even those this stuff is called radium it still burns like a torch , do u agree? lol i will show three before and the rest after shots ok , enough talk , here she is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

watch came from angus aka puretime he was great to make my watch dreams come true i really hope he enjoys this watch as well , this dial is not in existant other than him , believe me i looked around all the others have luminor panerai or something else written on it , so to me this is a reproduction not a knock off of a panerai lol because it is historical and a combo between rolex and panerai i feel it to be more realistic wowowo
notice how the crown sits flat and flush to the side of the case , not good

this is how the movment comes , all those blue screws and the dull finish and the wheels have oxidation on them and were not polished shiney like the genuin rolex movment

here it is all to pieces

heres the dial all done and put back together

heres the movment all done serviced and cleaned and polished all the visible parts like the genuine rolex, shes ticking within 5 seconds which is very darn good (notice no more blue screws)lol

heres pics of it all pretty
note the brevet crown is more beveled and sticking out away from the case now , (details man details)

note the movment cased and the caseback was fabbed by me , see it is plain with sappire thick glass, not that old mineral glass for my baby lol(guess what it is now waterproof to 50 feet so not worried about my water trips lol really hard to capture the shiney details in pictures because of lightbox glare i suppose

NOW THE FRONT VIEW , JUST CAN T REALLY SAY ANYTHING , im asthmatic and really it is hard for me to breathe right now but i had to get this baby ready for easter to give u and myself a treat , i have had a tough time lately (and i said to myself its my damn turn to do a watch for me to keep my passion alive lol)
this is one domed crystal so almost impossibe to get no glare but i think i did pretty good at it lol(i think it is a xtra large tropic 39 superdome XL lmao , little joke for nanug and ubi and xrt

side profile shot so u can see the crown and the overall dimensions of the XL t39 superdome lol and the caseback and the longer horn lugs , btw i will make them thinner soon (details details man)

AND FINALLY A DECENT PICTURE I TOOK OF A RELUME , LMAO TORCH TIME (that is a piece of the case on the 11'oclock marker edge it will be gone soon lol

I CALL THIS THE STAR WARS PICTURE , "I am your father luke" roflmao can u hear the theme while u look at this one , duuun duuun du du duun duun , remember the song and these sounds will come to mind lmao

this is how it glowed when it sat while i was downloading the pics so i wanted to show u it still glows good even in the light

Well i hope u enjoyed our easter present and i hope u all have a great easter with family and loved ones, and i will see u around soon , btw i will be gone for a couple days for easter i think lol

take care rbj69

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
That's really beautiful. Certainly a great watch. Looks like a Russian movement. Did Rolex build Panerai watches last time? I read it from RXW website that indeed Rolex built this MARINA MILITARE watch.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Amazing, just amazing Joe! Hope you and your family have a great Easter too!

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
thanks guys, read my post and u can go to the link about this particular watch, and its descriptions

enzo it is not just removing the blue screws i polished the bridgeplates and the wheels that r visible, cause like i said earlier i do own this genuine rolex movment (maybe u saw me showing it off a while ago for my destro project im doing) and the russian is nothing like it is how we get them compared to the real beauty rolex put into them , mine is much better now with all the work i did but still not as nice as the genuine movment in appearance that is, as far as mechanical i feel it will last as long with regular maintenance but the parts r not quite as well made being pretty that is , glad u enjoyed it

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
yeah if u r lucky to find one usually they go for about 1300 usd , there is one on ebay now the quarter century one i beleive actuaally there r two and they both r well over a grand