• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 5514 Comex - version 2 -

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
Second build of the Sub 5514 Comex

Same punition as for the first edition, complete story was described here,

Ingredients :

A Cartel's 1665 thick case found in my spare parts magic box, which has been reduced in thickness from the top and the rehaut also and reshaped.

CG also reshaped and lug holes re-drilled for the gen Rolex springbars clearance.

The crown has been also shortened to have the same apparence than the gen 24-703.

The 1665 thick bezel ring has been also reduced in high to have the same thickness as the submariner bezel.

The only investment is the 28.00 usd Yuki pearl I filled with lume material

I have removed the faux HEV and drilled the case. The project is to recreate an artifact, something working, dont know what, but I will find an issue before going in water of course... I hate false fonctions like false HEV or like fixed hand at 6 for Cosmographs.

The dial was bought from Ephry73 and relumed. The plexi origin is Otto Frei, but it was complete reshaped and repolished to make it looks like the real thing.
The movement is an Asian low beats ressucited from my trash can, complete rebuilt, serviced and relooked to simulate a Rolex 1520 (just simulate...)
I will adapt a modified folded bracelet with a clasp and a diver extension like the first 5514 I have built.
The bezel insert was slightly faded and completed with the Yuki pearl

Here 2 photos from the first post
co02s.jpg

casebacks.jpg

and the Edition 2...

58478698.jpg

superbeface1.jpg

profilehev1.jpg

profilecg3.jpg

profilecg2.jpg

lumee.jpg

Lume is not to bad... a personal magic mixture....

introz.jpg

the first 5514 and the little sister

hevprofile.jpg

cgprofile.jpg

Reactions: LeBron

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Nice work, great watch!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Great as always mate, that lume, again, is just stunning. Cant believe how authentic it looks.

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
Looks great man - I just picked up one of these vintage comex's.

barry7

Looking Around
18/10/12
wow nice work where did you get those case backs ive been looking for a 16800 comex case back and i just cant fine one.