• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 16803 18k/ss Blue teaser. Who loves lug holes?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Not done yet, but I put a couple more hours of work in today, and wanted to show some pics Of how I’ve butchered my BP16613. I’ve converted it to the older style 16803 look. Its still pretty rough. I’ve only got it to 400 or 600 grit sanding after a lot of reshaping and drilling. I’ve never been a fan of the two tone subs but I’m really liking this one. The blue dial is beautiful. If I decide to keep it then I’ll do a Clark’s single side AR crystal on it as it made a huge difference on my gold 16618.

It’s not for sale. I’m just showing cool things you can do to these watches. It’s a fun project.

heres some highlights:
*****BP 16613 ss/18k blue Submariner Modified to older 16803 model
VR3135 - VR/SH new merger hybrid.
Dial markers aged tritium look
Hands aged tritium look
3.0mm crystal gasket to raise closer to proper height.
Bezel retention ring machined and lowered to reduce up down spring effect.
Lug holes drilled through
Case shaped and sanded 400, 600 grit So far. It’s not finished yet. Needs final polishing.
I built this hybrid BP/WM9 bracelet to match what came with the 16803
Bracelet sharp edges removed, and surface brushed.
Clasp gold plating removed, sanded down and brushed finish.
All stainless steel BP 93150 clasp on 2 tone oyster from a WM9 submariner - 91353 stamped correct On last link.
WM9 hollow endlinks modified and 2mm Rolex springbars
Slightly faded BP stock bezel insert. Added a little wear to it.

Onto the pics. Like I said it’s not finished yet. Needs final sanding and polishing.

bezel lowered. Almost no up down spring Play

Last edited:

Tony7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/10/22
What a nice piece 🔥

I try to find a case like this to make it franken but i cant 😫