• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger Dubuis Easy Diver Automatic

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU

Omega_dude

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/2/12
I have not bought 1) but it seems like a good rep with the Swiss ETA.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
it has a lower price at perfect clones....588 $ but still quite expensive yet....

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
It's a nice watch but at this price you can get an AP or even a tourbillon rep. Don't get carried away by the SWISS ETA movement, RD manufactures their own in-house and the ETA movement is a big tell already.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
well...
i don't know...I was looking for a rare model ( so I won't be called out ) that needs no modifications...

I thought that this was a good choice but I should see some other options too...

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
Most people wont call you out on a RD because most people will never see one. That is a wonderful looking watch and I would pull the trigger on it. There is a tourbillon version of this watch that looks awesome and actually will be my next buy I believe.

RD-2010-04-21-18-01_2_enl.JPG

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
yeap...I know about the tourbillon version but there are 2 issues

1) the gen has the tourbillon mechanism a little bit to the right of the dial

2)I had no experience with the tourbillon models in the past..are they reliable,stable etc?

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
Yeah its to the left. I think you chose a great one though I have a chronoexcel on the way and I will let you know how everything goes with that but I believe the diver is a great watch!

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
I wonder why they cant just put it on an angle lol. They are pretty reliable I hear especially if you get it serviced.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
serviced?
well...serviced by who?..:)
no one touches a tourbillion mechanism as i've read...

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
There are a couple of people on here I have heard that service them, its around 300 but well worth it if you love the watch and want it to keep running smoothly.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
300 $?wow...
600 $ ot buy it
another 300 $ to get it serviced...almost 1000$
I could buy a used gen for that amount..(breitling , U-boat etc...)....:)

looks fabulous though.....:)

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
I have the Easy Diver Chrono.

It is a watch with an amazing attention to detail and although not a known brand, it looks and feels like something special.

What lets it down a bit is the "carbon" by the lugs which really looks sub standard. I noted that the Tourbi has the same issue whereas the one mentioned in the OP's post does not.

I would consider the OP Easy Diver, but probably give the Tourbillon a miss.

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
yeah but you couldnt come near buying a used gen RD, it is at least 20k+ and the tourbillon RDs are 60k+ all the way to 1.2MM. I think that is a pretty good deal seeing the caliber of the RD brand.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
60k?wow...i didn't know that....:)

I think i should stick with the "cheap" one...:)

still waiting though for a review or a photo set by someone who actually bought it,,,

elephantriter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/11
i am also interested in one of these reps. does any one know the scoop on the manual wind movements that are repped in these? i read that if accuracy of the time piece is a hot button for you that the manual wind movements are the way to go. hey, if you like the watch for it...my take is i would love for some idiot to tell me that he thought i was wearing a rep!!! who cares what one costs in the real world. most of us are just not going to wear one of those real world versions in our lifetime! have fun and pretend you are wearing a bajillion dollar watch

i like the embossed/stamped bezel versions...

rdedchr3.jpg

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
You should stick with the one your heart wants, because at the end of the day you will be second guessing yourself. lol I hope you enjoy your watch and post pics! I will review my RD when I get it in, hopefully next week :) it has the manual wind.

When looking at the price of the Gen, it is much more difficult to get ahold of one so you can construct reps, therefore you know the markings might be off and details might be forgotten.

Kal Vilmer

24/1/11
i am also interested in one of these reps. does any one know the scoop on the manual wind movements that are repped in these? i read that if accuracy of the time piece is a hot button for you that the manual wind movements are the way to go. hey, if you like the watch for it...my take is i would love for some idiot to tell me that he thought i was wearing a rep!!! who cares what one costs in the real world. most of us are just not going to wear one of those real world versions in our lifetime! have fun and pretend you are wearing a bajillion dollar watch

i like the embossed/stamped bezel versions...

rdedchr3.jpg

Without a doubt a nice looking watch! is this a pic of a gen RD? i can't this model with leather strap.