• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM3502 RAFA WICH FACTORY?

damoa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/17
Hello,

i want to buy a rm 3502
I have already done some research but I am not an expert, which of these factories has the best version?
Sonic , ZF V4 or T+ ?
Thank you

sulfacetamide

Known Member
22/8/22
If someone could say what is better with the tops versions, it would be great

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
You ARE the expert of what inaccuracies are acceptable to you.
For me it's the ZF V4.
I'm willing to overlook the way it's eight attachment legs don't continue under the bezel, the pink barrel jewels and stationary balance wheel, for it's accurate case shape, movement proportions and finishing.
Both Sonic and T+ are way off in movement proportions, Sonic uses misaligned paint for the rib faces instead of grinding, T+ has a screw going through the right barrel and one can see the movement's case sticking out at 7 and 1.

code_66

29/7/19
For me it's the ZF V4.
I'm willing to overlook the way it's eight attachment legs don't continue under the bezel, the pink barrel jewels and stationary balance wheel, for it's accurate case shape, movement proportions and finishing.
Both Sonic and T+ are way off in movement proportions, Sonic uses misaligned paint for the rib faces instead of grinding, T+ has a screw going through the right barrel and one can see the movement's case sticking out at 7 and 1.
Thanks for the quick write up, really appreciate it! I'm really interested in a RM035-02, and was leaning towards Sonic simply because they had a moving balance wheel. But looks like I'll need to do some more research lol. Thanks again!

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
But there is actually no jewel at all. Red jewel is better than nothing I guess.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
But there is actually no jewel at all. Red jewel is better than nothing I guess.
None of the visible cap jewels on these are actually real, all of them are deco, including the red ones.

Reactions: brry

damoa

29/5/17
alors maintenant j'hésite entre le ZF V4 ou le Sonic haha
Helppp

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
so now I hesitate between the ZF V4 or the Sonic haha
Helppp
Please take out a ticket at The RWI Help Desk to fix your multiaccount issue or your posts will not be seen.

damoa

29/5/17
so now I hesitate between the ZF V4 or the Sonic haha
Helppp

(For the administrator: I have made what I need to do for the multi account )

Reactions: trailboss99

damoa

29/5/17
For me it's the ZF V4.
I see your post with the 3501 new released V4 ZF , do you think they will release a V5 ZF 3502 ? I can wait, I want something better

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
If I had to make a prediction I'd say ZF stops at V4, but I don't have insider information, they've had plenty of time to fix what's off.
Ken/ChazingTime either had NOS, or knew V4 was coming, so maybe he knows.

Last edited:

damoa

29/5/17
If I had to make a prediction I'd say ZF stops at V4, but I don't have insider information, they've had plenty of time to fix what's off.
Ken/ChazingTime either had NOS, or knew V4 was coming, so maybe he knows.
I jusk asked a very famous TD and he answered me that

" Yes, the watch is in stock and it is the latest version. There is no news for an upcoming new version but I recommend that you wait for one week. I think the factory will put it on sale then "

So maybe he can't clearly say it but he says it half-heartedly

It's will be crazy if we have V5 in 1 week! :)

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I'd like a v5 too, but he may be referring to the $150 difference between the black carbon and the recent red quartz.

Last edited: