• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Richard Mille RM005 - why no good rep? Biggest chance of a proper RM rep...

Neuf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/18
pe.geffroy

Just out of interest, as this seems like a really interesting topic: Isn't that niche-thing also a part of the problem? I could imagine that the factories also have some sort of R&D-Costs to get something like an RM right (Even if it isn't tooo complicated, like the 005). So they probably need to sell a certain number of those to break even. And that seems to be harder if it is a niche-product and probably even harder if it is a niche which cares about high quality, as that would probably cause even more R&D or make people not buy the watch because it isn't decent enough....

Am I looking at this the right way? Or am I missing something important?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I asked myself the same question, and i remember that i’ve posted it in a thread where angus answered.
Apparently it’s not interesting for big factories to replicate this rep because it cost a lot to invest to make something as good as an AP diver for example. And if at the end they come up with an RM really close to the gen, other lower grade factories could easily replicate the model for a low investement and make profit by taking part of the market demand because it’s an easy base to replicate. This was his answer, but to be honest i don’t really get it because we appear to be a sort of «*Niche*» and would not buy a lower quality watch when you can get the decent rep with not much flaws. I’ll try to find back his answer to post it here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes the (ir)rationale behind seems to be this.

Total nonsense if you ask me.

Make the perfect rep and everyone and his mother will buy it. This is all I know.

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
Yeah if this watch attracted more enthusiast like AP or Rolex maybe the factories could focus more on building something closer to the gen.
But for example, why they keep producing the RM35-02 in so many different combinations, when only a small mod of the case to give the carbon the right pattern could make the sell increase quickly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
So if somebody wanted to get one rep Richard Mille, what would be the absolute way to go? I'm talking model, Factory, any info that is necessary for research. Maybe some of the big boys can chime in here

Richard Million

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/12/18
Sure the would be a market for these smaller RMs. The new RM67-01 ultra thin has no seconds hand, so a quartz would be lovely. I doubt it would happen though

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
RM001

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

I’d rather take one of those new KVF RM011-03 - kvf really refined dials a couple of months ago. They really look great now. I’m thinking about getting one myself

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I’d rather take one of those new KVF RM011-03 - kvf really refined dials a couple of months ago. They really look great now. I’m thinking about getting one myself
Less chance being caught out on the 001 IMO

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

SpackJarrow

Renowned Member
13/4/15
Sure the would be a market for these smaller RMs. The new RM67-01 ultra thin has no seconds hand, so a quartz would be lovely. I doubt it would happen though

i completely agree! it makes sense to invest time and money on a rep like that, which can be easy and can also appeal to wide audience( if its good enough)!

Reactions: Richard Million

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
i completely agree! it makes sense to invest time and money on a rep like that, which can be easy and can also appeal to wide audience( if its good enough)!

Good thing is 2019 is going to be a year for RM and PP, heard a couple of factories are working on tourbillon movement & traditional models for RM but slimmer + correct case profile with right curvature and more.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Some new reps:

IMG-8906.jpg

IMG-8907.jpg

IMG-8908.jpg