• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Richard Mille - Phillipe Massa

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Further to the Rafael Nadal discussion in another thread. I thought id' look at the RM Phillipe Massa edition which is pretty much the only RM watch offered by the dealers. There are 300 examples in sand-blasted titanium and 40 examples in brushed platinum. First up, some beauty shots of the gen.

brnlJ.jpg

guFkN.jpg

1Mh7B.jpg

fe75b.jpg

ghFCv.jpg

And lets have a look at the reps. First up is the RM005 special edition with a stainless steel body and yellow insert.

Superficially it's not that bad. I really like the case styling and the yellow really stands out. It's a multimulti thousand dollar watch so of course it's not really going to be that close to the genuine article.

D6O3n.jpg

It's a skeletonised 21j and the plate underneath the hands looks like theyve attempted to re-create the Brazil F1 track. Sort of.

sBTdN.jpg

zcDw4.gif

Nicely skeletonised rotor on the back and it looks like the movement has had some DLC or PVD coating to make it look black.

njE5y.jpg

Looks like a decent bead or sand blasted finish on the strap buckle with a relief set Richard Mille logo

Qz5yD.jpg

The second one I'll throw up a few shots of is the V2 with faux chrono :cry:

Gen shots:

v5R0F.jpg

M5BAN.jpg

This one has the see through dial/movement. Date is in the correct location and has skeletonised number wheels which i reckon is pretty cool. It's a bit of a fun rep, no one is going to believe you've got a RM. But then again the chances of them even knowing what one is is pretty slim.

VnmEh.jpg

Biggest dissapointment is the faux chronos of course.

qnAhC.jpg

Skeleton rotor again. With some minor detailing on the bridges and plates.

hQRSR.jpg

Rubber strap with plain(ish) buckle.

xrWp6.jpg

They're a bit of fun. The first one I would possible have in the watch box for going to motorsport events or even just watching F1 on tv. A bit cheaper than the Hublot F1 and various editions of that ;)

Here's some more gen shots of the RM005 non-PM edition which is pretty nice.

8ry33.jpg

rznxc.jpg

JTTnL.jpg

zokRz.jpg

Ilh0j.jpg

Actually, in looking into it a bit more. You could get one for about £20k second hand. Which isn't bad for what it is. Absolutely stunning. A very attainable grail for some I would say. Have a look for yourself.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/richardmille/index.htm?dosearch=true&query=richard+mille&sortorder=1

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Nice. They're pretty big aren't they? Those wrist-shots make it look a reasonably size but I thought the length of them was 50mm +

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
42mm x 55mm. Not that big to be honest. About 14mm thick though.

GT5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/10

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
That actually looks really nice in the flesh. I'm wondering if the dealers could swap that strap for the rubber ones the others come on!

GT5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/10
I wish they could! Or even get them in different colors! I would put more money into my watches, the into my car! ...if that was the case.