• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RICHARD MILLE 016 mini rewiew and pictures

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
hello all,
i has a little credit by my friend Hont, so for the fun i choice a Richard mille. Only went to see it in reel, and to show you in a original thread.
i receive it this morning, 4 days after my order, always great, like always. I take the parcel in pictures, because he really look like cocaine parcel :cheesy: :cheesy: , i asked me how he can cross the custom:D
DSC06650.jpg

When you read this thread, don t forget that we speak of a less than 200$ watch! we are here more of a inspired by... than a 1:1 rep.never, really never we will have a perfect 1:1 RM, a 200$ rep could not be repping a handmade 50000$ watch.we are here for fun, is rep a serious hobby? for me no, just pleasure. i m not sure to keep for a long time this one in my rep box, because i like to wear REP that i could really buy in gen. Could i buy a gen RM, no:p
How repped a squellette dial? and a saphir back??
easy! product something that looks same from far, very far:rolleyes:
but the result is not so bad, the case is good finish, a very good point for the DW, so nice! look like digital number, soud good, great design.
when i open the parcel, i had a nice suprise, for this price this rep is look really good in person. The first impression was for the color, IMO is the better RG color what i own, much better than my RG HBB, not so red.
here is gen pictures for the comparaison
the gen size is 49,80x38mmx8,25
superzoom_front.jpg

superzoom_back.jpg

what a big watch for sure, the rep size is 50mmx37x15mm, and here we have the main default for me, the thicknesses. it's so thick vs the gen! and that the profile is less attractive than the gen, and look not so good... the tonneau case it s nice on wirst, easy to wear, confortable.
DSC06665.jpg

DSC06667.jpg

DSC06675.jpg

DSC06746.jpg

DSC06677.jpg

DSC06739.jpg

the mvt is a Asian 2813 automatic movement, reliable? ask me in 2 month lol, no second hand like the gen.
DSC06682.jpg

DSC06688.jpg

DSC06683.jpg

DSC06725.jpg

some wirst shoot( note that i m not a big wirst( etwa 16,5 cm)
DSC06691.jpg

DSC06722.jpg

DSC06656.jpg

DSC06716.jpg

the lum
DSC06750.jpg

i was really afraid about the strap, but is not so bad, sure a croco will be better, but for this price it s ok, the double deployant clasp give him a good look but i have some doubts over its useful life ...
the crown is unscrew, and i will never but it in water, what s sure!
the +
the look
original
the price
the DW wihout doubt
the color
the dial number
lum correct

the -
there is more one watch inspired by ... that of a 1:1 repliqua
the strap is medium quality
mvt quality
resistance to the time
not WProof
the squellette dial
the thicknesse

thanks for looking
sylvain

geo1nah2a

Known Member
29/9/06
Thank you for the review and photos. A unique piece, and the dial looks more interesting than I thought.

Wear it well.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
thanks for the review

interesting watch and rep both

i don't know why the rep factories insist on making this and the B&R 03's so thick compared to the gens

It's like for these watches they only took into consideration whether it looks good straight on or from the back.

BY the way, i would drop the picture and the references to packaging

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Cool, that was a good read, I love to see unusual watches :D
That RM show us a few things :
- the rotor can be better repped (shape), and this is something I'd like to see more, it gives the watch a really gen look
- same for the DW : we spend sometime so much in getting a gen ETA wheel or a Lello one.

I'm very surprised they did a replica which is twice as thick !!

Somehow the replication of this quality is a performance for the price, but as always trp manufacturers are bad at straps. It's especially difficult to accept when it's a proprietary shape.

I read some time ago that this watch is impossible to open, due to the screws shape...

Is the lume really that good in the flesh ? Looks nice.
Thx for posting :D

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
@ geao, it s what i mean too, better than expected
@ moggio, PIx, jurgenk,, yes so thick, i thinks it s a question of cost, all the RM since to have the same thickness, and i insist, this design case will be perfect with a 8mm size, that s pity!
the lum is ok, but not stay long time. The strap is not so bad as the pictures, and confortable, really ok for this one.
one time again we muss not forget that we speak of a 150-200$ watch!
the DW is really nice, it s my favorite as this day
for open it... yes ... certainly difficult!
thanks for the comments
sylvain

Spboudart

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/9/08
SUPERBE!
[smilie=blob8.gif] [smilie=blob8.gif] [smilie=blob8.gif] [smilie=blob8.gif]

Sylvain, your review is AWESOME!
As for the watch, it looks really nice until the wrist shot, then It's like Daniel Conh-Bendit forgot something on your wrist in a particular month of may 1968.

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
BOUDART said:
SUPERBE!
[smilie=blob8.gif] [smilie=blob8.gif] [smilie=blob8.gif] [smilie=blob8.gif]

Sylvain, your review is AWESOME!
As for the watch, it looks really nice until the wrist shot, then It's like Daniel Conh-Bendit forgot something on your wrist in a particular month of may 1968.
so your telling the guy to beef up and get down to the gym before wearing the watch again :shock: :mrgreen:

it is a nice piece not my cuppa but a lovely timepiece ..get those dumbbells out man [smilie=angel11.gif]

caterpillar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/6/09
just amazing piece, how much is the retail isn't it over $100k