• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review these UPO pics

hottunaz

Known Member
5/10/09
Hi guys,

Here are some pics the dealer sent me for my approval. It is the UPO. BTW, I asked for a clone eta. I would like some opinion. My concerns:
The number '30' on the bezel looks misaligned?
The logo looks a little misaligned?

What are your thoughts? Your help is much appreciated!

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Hmmm to me it does not look like it is, do you wanna tell why do you think 30 or logo are not aligned? May be edit the pics with photo editor to put some lines to illustrate more.

hottunaz

Known Member
5/10/09
What I mean is the gap between the 3 and 0 on the '30' mark. It looks like the 0 is tilting a bit to the right. Am I just too paranoid? lol

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
is that a UPO?
Looks like a normal PO to me.
What makes this a UPO rather than a PO?

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
T4D may have more experience here. But I see the correct He valve and little details that are nicely done.

The numbers seem fine. It's an optical illusion.

Edit: What is the name of the dealer?

hottunaz

Known Member
5/10/09
Nice! That type of analysis I really appreciate Dr.verylong, thanks. Why would this not be upo t4d? The dealer also sent pic of the antimagnetic cover, the bracelet has deep engravings, he position looks good...

relayman

12/9/09
I'm an Omega fan so ............ Naturally this is one of my favorite watches.

Robert, I am currently awaiting the arrival of a UPO with black bezel and orange numbers from you. When you have a minute could you explain what caught your eye here that caused you to ask UPO or PO?

:jerry:

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
I would just comment that it is a great dealer who takes the time to do this for you and who sends such large photos so you really can see all the details.

Time4Direct

Gold Patron
25/3/08
I'm an Omega fan so ............ Naturally this is one of my favorite watches.

Robert, I am currently awaiting the arrival of a UPO with black bezel and orange numbers from you. When you have a minute could you explain what caught your eye here that caused you to ask UPO or PO?

:jerry:

We don't sell a UPO or an ultimate anything.
this is why I asked what made this a UPO because to me it looks no different to the one we sell.
only difference I see is the "Ultimate' label increases the price

relayman

12/9/09
My bad, thanks for the reply. I have on order a 45mm PO. I have confused the larger size with ultimate.:wacko:

Isn't it great to have so many choices though.

Time4Direct

Gold Patron
25/3/08
My bad, thanks for the reply. I have on order a 45mm PO. I have confused the larger size with ultimate.:wacko:

Isn't it great to have so many choices though.

I wasn't having a dig at you Relayman as for being confused I have to confess so am I

I just cannot see what differs on this to the standard planet ocean clone

And why is this an ultimate rather than just a planet ocean

As I know the original factory that produced the ultimate now use a bad dial with text too close to the 6

Cloudfire0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/10
I understand that my opinion may not be worth as much, but after several days and much reading on PO clones, I would say that this watch is one of the better ones that I have seen.

Unless I am mistaken, the pearl seems to be the biggest give-away with most, if not all, of the POs. Its placement is not "in line" with the triangle on the Gen, but rather just slightly above the line of the triangle.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
That is a nice dial, the lume is clean and sharp, however the figure 12, 9 & 6 should have tiny serifs on the tails.
My UPO has the tiny serifs.

The date window could be more defined but i dont think i've seen any rep dial with a completely accurate date window.

jm354

Known Member
28/8/09
Had to go to the Omega site to figure out what Importr meant about the serifs on the numbers. He is right. the serifs, or sharp pointed edges at the end of the numbers, are there on the gen dial and my rep PO has them also. The ends of the numbers on this dial are more rounded. I do like the pearl on this bezel a little better than mine, but it's still wrong. Why can't the reps get this right?!?!

hottunaz

Known Member
5/10/09
Thanks for the replies. I asked the dealer to ship, and I can live with the serif issue. To me its minor and the rest of the watch looks good. T4D, I did not pay ultimate money, it is sub $200 like you said ;)