• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review - Tag Heuer Aquaracer from Hont - WAY201C

Simpa

Do not accept unsolicited offers
30/3/24
First order with Hontwatch, rapid answers, everything was nearly on time (expect chinese holidays had a small impact on QC)
Looked at many models Tag and Breitling previously, unfortunately since GF is not reachable anymore I could not find proper TF alternatives in my taste. So I ended up starting with a Tag and Hont provided lots of options when I checked. I wanted to start with an everyday watch, which I do not care to scratch or drop like my gens.

Contact was fast and easy, watch arrived in perfect condition, nicely packaged.
I am not a fan of orginal lookalike warranty cards and boxes, I do not want to think it is original because it is not, but packaging was really gen-ish, even received an operation manual.
Watch is really nice, I would consider saying it is not just NWBG but also a super rep. There is only one thing which can be noticed is the buttons on the clasp are harsh, but nothing what a dremel can not solve in under 2 minutes. Running SW-200 Sellita mvmnt, which I really prefer, I have gen watches with that movement and never had any issues with them. Rotor also decorated well, was nicely assembled and clean when I opened. I have it for more than a week and so far no issues at all. Rotor also moves nicely, of course I oiled the back plate seal.
Overall it is a nice/detailed watch, definitely go back to Hont again soon! :) highly recommend.

HelloBusby

Addicted To Peeling New Watch Stickers
Certified
3/4/23
Cool video! Thanks for taking the time to do this. Nice watch!!

Which factory?

Reactions: Simpa

aboveandbeyond

3/4/23
Nz
Nice review and nice watch. Is the movement similar to the gen? Price and TD? Thanks man

Simpa

30/3/24
Cool video! Thanks for taking the time to do this. Nice watch!!

Which factory?
Hi! Thanks for the kind words, Im not sure about the factory, dealer is hont, he has an amazing tag lineup.

Simpa

30/3/24
Nice review and nice watch. Is the movement similar to the gen? Price and TD? Thanks man
Thanks, the gen version is sw200sellita, i did not compare it to the same gen movement yet in detail but it is definitely similar for sure. if i have some time i will check.
Dealer: Hont
Price: 388 eur shipped
Hope it helps!

Simpa

30/3/24
Just following up, after one month still running strong. Power reserve is great, did not measure yet exactly (if requested i will do so) but roughly skipping a day on arm and wearing it again on the next morning was not a problem. Actually i kind of like it even more.
Strap is durable, no signs of wear, case material is also above expectations, i did accidentally hit it already with my metal garden door and no sign or scratches. Ceramic bezel is still mint. At 2 month im going to take some pictures how it looks. Im wearing it 70%of the time.