• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of PTs Omega Railmaster

tostef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/06
I've been owning the Railmaster for one week now, so here's my short review.

1) The case (stainless steel) has the same measurements as the gen. Case material is stainless steel,
the sides are brushed and the front is polished (same as gen).

2) The bracelet, walnut alligator leather strap nearly the same as the gen, color is a little bit lighter.
Folding clasp looks great.

3) The front glass is doomed and AR coated, so that dial has a dark bluish finish. Back glass doesn't have that coating.
Both glasses are sapphire.

4) The dial is looking really great. Nearly the same as the gen. The letters have the same font. Only the numbers
(12, 3, 6, 9) are a little bit more stretched. The second hand is a little bit longer. The loom has a green shine,
but I haven't looked how long it goes.

5) The movement is an Swiss ETA 2824-2. Unfortunately the rotor isn't designed as the gen one. But the movement is
looking nice anyhow.

So, the Railmaster is a superb watch, looking classy and sophisticated. It's my favourite at the moment. :D

Below are following pics of the gen and the replica. The gen is the one with the steel bracelet, that I downloaded
from the internet. Unfortunately I didn't find that many pics of a Railmaster with a leather strap. But you can compare the case with these pics quite good. 8)

So, first one gen, second one replica:

6a3573sy2.jpg

6dscn1279nh0.jpg

3a3f43jh8.jpg

3dscn1369fc3.jpg

2a3a53qb2.jpg

2dscn1352da2.jpg

1aa3cc3fb6.jpg

1dscn1336pa7.jpg

5a4403ne8.jpg

5dscn1368bo2.jpg

4aa47e3mf2.jpg