• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The GMT Master & Explorer II Arrow Hand

Monty

Known Member
6/4/06
I've been away for some time from the replica world. Since returning I've noticed that prices on some watches have dropped quite a bit. That is great. Also, the accuracy on some of them, especially the Pams, has also improved greatly. One question I do have though is why the arrow hand on the Rolex Replica GMT Master and Explorer II is still so far off from the real one?

It always puzzled me that such a seemingly small thing could be corrected. Also, is anyone able to replace that hand with a more acurate one?

Perhaps this has been answered already.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@Monty, would you mind posting us some pictures? I've seen a bad Explorer II that has very short GMT hand.

Monty

Known Member
6/4/06
Here is a pic

Okay, here is a pic of an authentic Rolex Explorer II. Notice the length of the GMT hand. Now compare that with the pics of the replica Explorer II or the GMT Master. The recent Explorer II for sale by Eddie Lee is closer, but the hand is still not quite long enough, and if you go to King's site you can also see that the GMT hand is shorter as well.

There is also something about the stacking order that I am not clear on as well. But the replicas have the hands stacked in a different order than the authentic Rolex watches. It seems to me that it would easy to have a correct length GMT hand but for some reason it has not yet happened.

BTW, I did not want to take an image from Eddie or King and place it in this post. However, you can go to http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=220 to see Eddie Lee's new Explorer II or to http://www.cclv.net/ROLEX-159.htm to see one from King

explorerii2md.th.jpg

Monty

Known Member
6/4/06
Sorry for the small pic

Sorry for the small pic of the authentic Rolex Explorer II it was the best I could find.