• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of APSF 15500 blue dial reworked by Legend

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Hi all, as some of you may know, I have had my 15500 blue dial reworked by @legend . Now that I have had the watch in possession for almost two weeks and after wearing it almost everyday, I thought I'd give it a proper review.

Watch information: APSF 15500 blue dial base, purchased April 2024.

The watch came to me with a crooked AP logo and a non-functioning second-hand hacking mechanism. It also has issue after setting up the time, clicking down the crown would move the minute hand by about 2 minutes. I sent the watch to Legend himself by end of April, and I received it about 10 days ago.

Work done:
-Repair hacking mechanism and movement overall: Legend did a very good job on this. No issues with the movement anymore, feels super smooth, no noises or whatever as well.

-Dial recolor and refinish: Now, let me preface by saying that the dial tapesserie pattern does not change from the stock rep dial. The rep's dial is a bit too light, so this mod recolored the dial to be closer to the gen's "nuage50" color along with sunburst's color. I have seen a gen 15500 in blue dial, and in some lighting condition, this dial does feel very close to gen. Under macro shots looking at the tapisserie pattern, you will still notice a difference as this process does not alter the pattern. Overall this is a good value mod if you don't want to invest in gen dial or aftermarket dials.

-Rebrush bezel, case and bracelet to gen spec & pronounce and polish case, bracelet and bezel chamfers: This drastically changed the feel of the watch. No more sharp edges making the watch feels more refined and vastly more comfortable to wear which contribute it to feeling more premium. The watch does look significantly better as well. I'd recommend this is recommended if you pay attention to finer details.

I have attached some photos, and for those who are on the fence, I'd say go for it! Suffice to say I'm very satisfied and will hit Legend up first if I have any projects / repairs pertaining to AP. Now, Legend himself is quite succinct and prefers short, to the point conversation so please value his time.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
Fantastic review and photos! thanks for posting!

For the wrist shots, what’s your wrist size?

I just got a ZF 15450 which looks proportional sometimes and too small sometimes on a 6.75” wrist. I just got it 2 days ago so I’ve gotta wear it a bit more to get a better feel for the 37mm size. But your 15500 has me going hmmmmmmm…

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Fantastic review and photos! thanks for posting!

For the wrist shots, what’s your wrist size?

I just got a ZF 15450 which looks proportional sometimes and too small sometimes on a 6.75” wrist. I just got it 2 days ago so I’ve gotta wear it a bit more to get a better feel for the 37mm size. But your 15500 has me going hmmmmmmm…
Hey, my wrist size is 6.9" or 17.5cm. I think the 15500 wears perfectly for me. Keep in mind most wrist shots are taken from pretty up close so it makes the watch seem to wear larger than they are. I also have a 15450 that I'm currently selling because I feel it's also a wee bit too small for me as well.

Here's how the 15500 actually looks on me when viewed from a proper distance.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
Hey, my wrist size is 6.9" or 17.5cm. I think the 15500 wears perfectly for me. Keep in mind most wrist shots are taken from pretty up close so it makes the watch seem to wear larger than they are. I also have a 15450 that I'm currently selling because I feel it's also a wee bit too small for me as well.

Here's how the 15500 actually looks on me when viewed from a proper distance.
Thanks! Yes a medium shot really show how it fits in real life. Thank you!

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
After having the watch for another week, I'd like to add the importance of properly polishing and finishing the edges of the bracelet. The polished edges does not really show that well in pics, but wearing the watch with polished bracelet edges, etc. makes a huge difference. It just feels a lot more comfortable and I find myself gravitating towards it when choosing the watch of the day in the morning as well as randomly just feeling the bracelet throughout the day lol.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Thought I should add this here as well since I felt this was a particularly a good photo. Another week passed and this is still the best feeling and looking rep AP bracelet that I've worn.

KFGzLD.jpeg

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
Hi sir, thanks for your review and I’m very interested in your AP now . Very nice
.i had few watch been services by legend and I must said his works is great.

Reactions: speedywombat