• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: Clean Factory Datejust 41 Rhodium Dial

derjenigewelcher

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Welcome dear forum community to a review of the Clean Factory Datejust 41 with rhodium dial.

Right at the beginning I would like to state that I wrote this whole text in German and then translated it with google translate, so forgive me any grammar mistakes and keep in mind: I did not have a stroke - it was google;)

This is going to be a review from someone who is utterly anti-nitpicker - so some of you will not be able to accept the flaws I am ignoring. Happens :)
Lets go: =)

Bezel
This watch is currently available in a V2, with the only upgrade being the bezel. This is one of the last V1 watches. Personally, I don't care. With the new one, the angle of the triangles and the edge are even more GEN and, in my opinion, hardly distinguishable from the real one.

Crown
Quite simply, I hardly see any difference. Only the VSF felt a little better "sprung". But I don't know whether it is the work or the winding shaft of the crown.

Rehaut
The Rehaut is typically beautiful for Clean, you can't say anything about that. This was the case with a Sub ZZFV2, and Clean Factory has never disappointed me in this regard since then.

Movement:
The built-in VR3235 hybrid movement winds up nicely, the date switches cleanly and quickly. Pointers were set accurately, i.e. at exactly 0:00. Top! However, it is also known that the advertised 72h power reserve is bullshit. 40-45 maximum.

Bracelet / clasp
The built-in ARF bracelet is processed absolutely neatly. This buckle snaps with a full click and has no play.

Crystal:
I know I'll step on the tie of some, but I don't see any difference between the crystals. Please note that I am color blind and it may be that I do not perceive nuances in color differences.

SEL
Perfect, 10/10

Dial
Greetings to the magnifying glass wearers and nitpickers among you who are crying because of the pressure. Clean did a great job and the sunburst offers something for the eye in combination with the glitter of the bezel.

I hope I was able to give all of them a few sweet minutes with the review.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sweet few minutes indeed bro, thank you. These are great watches. Mine says Hi!

16402720318650.jpg

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thanks for the nice review!

May I ask if you have a gen in hand to compare too (was mostly thinking of the crystal) or is the review based on pictures you've seen of gen?

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
I think today is review day, at first your ginault and now your amazing DJ. Nice review and nice looking watch. Thanks for sharing it with us.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Nice review mate. This is the best dj to date(better from vsf also). I am a big fan of the wimbledon dial.
In my opinion if someone is on the market for a DJ, just get this one, i dont think something can be closer to gen than this.

P..DR..D

- Táim ar saoire -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for the write up bro, very informative, as always :thumbsup:

It's definitely on my 2022 hit list, after CNY.

Was toying with trying to get a VSF but it seems Clean will scratch the itch, and is going to, excuse my recycled joke, 'clean' up in 2022 with their suite of new offerings, happy days.

Only question is rhodium or blue, choices :p

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Time to nitpick, your carbon fiber double edged Johnson rod is way off and an obvious tell….:silly: Great review, the cf dj is on my list too

ab1112

Getting To Know The Place
18/11/21
if this was a true v2 they updated their hands / lume positioning

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Nice review mate. This is the best dj to date(better from vsf also). I am a big fan of the wimbledon dial.
In my opinion if someone is on the market for a DJ, just get this one, i dont think something can be closer to gen than this.

Im waiting for a good Wimbledon for years. You have CF one? And what you think about GMF 36mm? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Im waiting for a good Wimbledon for years. You have CF one? And what you think about GMF 36mm? Thanks

Buy the Cf mate, its the best you can get, bracelet is arf,great hands,extremely close to gen dials, case is better than vsf dj case.

Put a gen dial, crystal and white gold plate the bezel and it will be gen on the wrist.

i dont have a cf one nor a dj in general, too much dressy for my type, but if i will buy it would be the wimbledon.

I wouldn't bother with GMF when we have this CF release.

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
Buy the Cf mate, its the best you can get, bracelet is arf,great hands,extremely close to gen dials, case is better than vsf dj case.

Put a gen dial, crystal and white gold plate the bezel and it will be gen on the wrist.

i dont have a cf one nor a dj in general, too much dressy for my type, but if i will buy it would be the wimbledon.

True, CF is the way to go. Crystal is a must to replace with gen, then go for dials+hands+ bezel down the line

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Thanks bro

Reactions: j21