• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Request: Planet Ocean Lengths

light94

Known Member
10/2/13
Anyone able to measure the lug to lug lengths for both the V5 42mm and 45.5mm UPO for me? The new ceramic versions have the same respective lengths right?

Also, if anyone owns a Breitling SOSF and a UPO, can you tell me how much longer the UPO is?

Thanks!

light94

Known Member
10/2/13
Want to know the tip to tip length (measured across face of watch), not width. Thanks though.

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
you can easily figure out the numbers you need by using proportions and images of the watches found on the web...

if you need the lug length of a 42mm PO, find a straight image of the PO from the front face view.. then measure on your computer the mm of the diameter.. put that over the 42mm you know is accurate.. then measure the length from lug end to lug end, and then solve for the denominator..

your equation will look like

(measured case diameter in mm)/42mm=(measured lug2lug distance in mm)/x

solve for x

doing this is great for a quick and easy way to comparing 2 watches. its not going to work if you need an accurate to the 0.1mm measurement.