• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking After my IWC Top Gun

vox_boy

Horology Curious
9/2/16
Hey All,

So I have a IWC Top Gun Doppel Chrono 3799-01, with Asian 7750 movement on the way and I have searched through various threads gathering scattered information, but I wanted to be clear before I break something.

1) Setting the Date and Day - From what I understand you rotate the crown (clockwise or counterclockwise?) until it comes loose, then pull it back to the first position. To adjust the day wheel you turn the crown counterclockwise, to adjust the date wheel you rotate the crown clockwise. Do not adjust the Date or Day wheels between 10:00 and 6:00 otherwise you can damage the watch.

2) Setting the Time - Turn the crown until it once again becomes loose. Pull the crown out the second position. I'm going to take an educated guess and say Counterclockwise for the hour hand and clockwise for the minute hand? Once again do not adjust the time between 10:00 and 2:00 to prevent damaging the watch.

3) Chronos - Don't touch the bastards.

Are there any other tips and tricks I should be aware to try and keep my watch ticking? I understand a yearly service and keeping it out of water goes a long way, but any other good practice advice would be great! I hope this thread can provide insight to other noobs like myself.

Thanks!