• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacing seamaster chrono bezel

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
How easy is it to replace the bezel on a seamaster chrono and what tools would I need? Does it need to be done by a pro or could anyone do it?

Thanks

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Plymman, this is very tricky and the risk of damaging your bezel is pretty high.

What you need is the bezel removal tools similar to Rolex 4 pronged type and also knows where the spring inside the bezel is located at. To do this, you need to remove the glass and then the insert.

I would suggest leaving this to a pro with proper knowledge to work on Omega bezel removal and with proper tools.

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
Thanks for that, any suggestions as to who could do this? Preferably in the eu?

Is it easier for me to just replace the insert instead of the whole bezel?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Do you really need to replace the bezel, or just the insert?
I believe the insert is easy (I did my UPO in a few minutes with a hair dryer, tweezers, and gorilla glue), but the entire bezel will probably require a watch smith.

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
It can just be the insert - the bezel is fine. I was planning to get a gen insert and case back as the dial is excellent its only really the insert and back that are the tells. However I think I made the wrong choice in buying blue (should have gone black) so I might not do this now, just move it on and get the black instead....

I'm too indecisive!