• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacing Bezel Insert

ml

Looking Around
12/8/07
Hello again all:
When I bought my UPO with a black bezel insert, I also ordered an orange bezel insert along with the round thing at the zero position. I have tried to replace the insert w/o any avail. So, I was wondering if any of you could point to me in the right direction by way of instructions. Thank you very much in advance...

-ML

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
You need to pop the crystal out and then gently pry the insert out between the bezel and the rehaut. Once you pop the crystal out you will know what I mean. This is the safest way to do it IMO.

S i n i s t e r

Known Member
17/2/09
DemonSlayer said:
You need to pop the crystal out and then gently pry the insert out between the bezel and the rehaut. Once you pop the crystal out you will know what I mean. This is the safest way to do it IMO.

Sounds a bit complex, i don't think i am to confident in doing that :lol:

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I read somewhere that you can run it under hot water then under cool water and the insert will contract faster than the SS because it is aluminum and it'll just pop off.

But these other guys know more than me, I read a lot of posts where you have to take the crystal out and I'm not really sure why. I haven't seen any photos of the process anywhere.

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
I don't think that will work amptor because the adhesive is too strong. There is another way to do it but it is risky and it will most likely destroy your current insert. Insert a 1mm jewellers screwdriver into a gap between the bezel and insert and pry the insert out.

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
In general most inserts are kept in place with double sided adhesive tape. If this is the case then you can do the following:

People have had good luck using a heating source (hair dryer or lamp) to apply heat to the bezel/insert in order to soften the glue and allow the insert to be removed.

You will find it does not take a great quantity of heat to allow removal. Just try and not cook your watch! :)

Try this method as you will not have to remove the bezel or subject your watch to water!.

Good luck!