• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacing bezel insert

lason

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/12
So my PO just came in the mail today. I posted the qc pics and the pearl seemed a little off center but i thought maybe it could be just the angle in the picture. Turns out it really is off center to the point where it's all I see. I know reps aren't perfect but I was hoping maybe mine would be closer to centered than it really is. Anyway, I came across some bezel inserts on ebay for $20. Can I replace my insert with one of those? Is it difficult to replace? Also, the crown seems to not want to come out so I can adjust the date and time.

Digitaldorifto

Known Member
18/2/12
Yes you can replace the insert with an aftermarket insert but sometimes the eBay inserts are not any better than the original rep inserts. Just luck of the draw. Make sure to order the correct size and it should not be a problem to make it fit correctly.

As far as the crown not coming out, make sure the crown is fully unscrewed before trying to pull it out. Then of course screw it back in carefully and tightly.

lason

28/9/12
I didn't know the crown had to be unscrewed. Thanks!

teamio77

13/8/12
Any tutorials on how to replace just the insert for rep PO? Saw some replacement tutorial on the gen Rolex bezel insert. Not sure if it will be the same for PO. Theoretically, they shd be the same?

Cromag

Renowned Member
11/8/12
Any tutorials on how to replace just the insert for rep PO? Saw some replacement tutorial on the gen Rolex bezel insert. Not sure if it will be the same for PO. Theoretically, they shd be the same?

+1

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
yes, there is a tutorial.. I did one a couple of years ago. I even copied and pasted it on here about a week ago. Look under my userid under previous posts.