• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacing 3235 clone movement

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
You can buy a vr3235 on AliExpress for around $125. Just make sure you buy the correct datewheel version: large for DJ41, small for submariner. There is no source for a vs3235 other than m2m, and they are very rare. But the vr3235 is a good reliable and inexpensive movement.

Reactions: Platomates

Charlesbl#8833

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/22
You can buy a vr3235 on AliExpress for around $125. Just make sure you buy the correct datewheel version: large for DJ41, small for submariner. There is no source for a vs3235 other than m2m, and they are very rare. But the vr3235 is a good reliable and inexpensive movement.
I bought one off AliExpress. The movements are different sizes. I need to find someone that can repair my movement or get
a new one that will fit.
Thanks for the advice

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I bought one off AliExpress. The movements are different sizes. I need to find someone that can repair my movement or get
a new one that will fit.
Thanks for the advice
Hmmm... maybe you don't actually have a clone 3235 movement, but rather an ETA that's decorated to look like a 3235 -- this is common on some of the lower / mid tier reps. Can you post a pic of the movement that you have?

Where are you located? If you're in Canada (or can ship your watch here), a repair / service is something I can do.

Charlesbl#8833

24/10/22
I can ship just the movement with dial, hands, and stem and crown. I’m concerNed about sending the complete watch .
I’m afraid it might be confiscated by customs

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Very low chance of customs issue crossing the US - Canada border.

But just for clarity, what factory is your rep from? And is it a sub or datejust? Basically I’m trying to figure out what movement is inside it now. And which exact movement did you buy on AliExpress?

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I believe that BP only offer the ETA clone movements decorated to 3235, and not a VS or VR3235. Usually it will say in the description that its a VS or VR3235 rather than just "clone 1:1" movement.

So this will likely be why they are different sizes and the foot position on the dial might be off as well.

Reactions: McDuck888

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Yup I think @MJH89 is correct. The BP DateJust is using a decorated ETA clone movement... so swapping to the VR3235 movement that you have from AliExpress won't be trivial. There are a few things that will make this a bit complex:
  1. The BP dial will have its dial feet in the wrong position. This can be solved by removing the dial feet and using epoxy or double sided tape to secure the dial to the movement.
  2. The BP dial's date window might not line up perfectly with the date position on the VR3235 movement. (I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's possible).
  3. The stem crown will need to be removed from the BP movement stem and installed onto the VR movement's stem. The VR movement's stem will also need to be cut to length.
  4. The crown tube height in the case might be wrong for the VR movement. Again I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's possible.
  5. The hands won't be the correct size for the new movement, so you'll need to find a new set of hands that is compatible with the VR3235 movement.
Overall, this isn't an easy project. It might be easier to cut your losses. Sell the vr3235 movement and the BPF datejust (as a parts watch), and buy a new datejust. If you go down that route, I'd strongly suggest the VSF or CF datejust since the VSF has a vs3235 movement (which is excellent), and the CF has a vr3235 which is also excellent.

Reactions: MJH89

Charlesbl#8833

24/10/22
Yup I think @MJH89 is correct. The BP DateJust is using a decorated ETA clone movement... so swapping to the VR3235 movement that you have from AliExpress won't be trivial. There are a few things that will make this a bit complex:
  1. The BP dial will have its dial feet in the wrong position. This can be solved by removing the dial feet and using epoxy or double sided tape to secure the dial to the movement.
  2. The BP dial's date window might not line up perfectly with the date position on the VR3235 movement. (I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's possible).
  3. The stem crown will need to be removed from the BP movement stem and installed onto the VR movement's stem. The VR movement's stem will also need to be cut to length.
  4. The crown tube height in the case might be wrong for the VR movement. Again I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's possible.
  5. The hands won't be the correct size for the new movement, so you'll need to find a new set of hands that is compatible with the VR3235 movement.
Overall, this isn't an easy project. It might be easier to cut your losses. Sell the vr3235 movement and the BPF datejust (as a parts watch), and buy a new datejust. If you go down that route, I'd strongly suggest the VSF or CF datejust since the VSF has a vs3235 movement (which is excellent), and the CF has a vr3235 which is also excellent.
Thanks, I bought a BP 41mm date just from perfect clones website with the Asian 2824 movement. I think it will be easier to get parts for this movement. Thanks for all your advice. I really appreciate it. I will let you know how I like the new watch once I get it.

Reactions: dogwood

Charlesbl#8833

24/10/22
I had this watch for Five years without a problem, so I’m happy with how long it lasted

Platomates

5/6/23
Singapore
thank you for this
old and golden post