• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Repair help with Speedmaster (ST19 Movement)

lint

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/12
Hi All,
I have a great manual wind speedmaster rep with a seagull movement. I have two issues I would like to address: The crown is slipping when I wind it. I need to pull back a bit on it when I wind it to get it to wind. the issue is getting slightly worse though. The second issue is the chrono hand not resetting to zero.

I took the watch to two repair shops today. Both were sympathetic, but one was a licensed Omega rep so he couldn't touch it. The other said I would need to find the crown and then he could replace it. I mentioned I would be fine with any generic screw down crown and he said there was no universal crowns.

As for the chrono hand, this article gives me hope it is a simple fix (http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/81094-seagull-st-19-chrono-hand-not-resetting-to-zero/). Both watch makers I met with today said that might be the issue but they would still want to remove the movement. they both declined when I pressed them on it.

So...Any tips on fixing the crown and chrono hand? I don't mind learning how to do things on my own. I also dont mind sending it off to someone.

thanks guys.

todd

lint

8/12/12
thanks I have now reached out to the US guys. The crown on the manual wind I have is a screw down actually.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
thanks I have now reached out to the US guys. The crown on the manual wind I have is a screw down actually.

Really? Didn't know, Having the gen Speedmaster, the gen doesn't screw down. :)

Might I recommend Katt and 16610 or 14060? (something like that)

They're real good Conus guys :)

Gabe

lint

8/12/12
Katt responded. Doesnt work on chronos :( Waiting on responses from the other two guys. would love to give this watch a tuneup.

lint

8/12/12
14060 or 16610 Declined the movement as well. Can anyone recommend anyone who can work on this movement?

lint

8/12/12
thanks for all the help guys. I have decided to put the watch up for sale. Not because these issues are unfixable, but because I just dont think I will be happy until I save for a Gen. thanks all :) Someone pickup this cool watch!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
thanks for all the help guys. I have decided to put the watch up for sale. Not because these issues are unfixable, but because I just dont think I will be happy until I save for a Gen. thanks all :) Someone pickup this cool watch!

Same happened to me. :)

Sent from my Aston Martin Rapide's backseat using Tapatalk