• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Rep of the Year"??

eddieo

lifelong Masshole
Certified
7/3/23
Massachusetts
still doing all my noob-reading, many old threads with dead web-hosted photos, lol. several threads recommend checking "Rep of the Year" threads, but any that were linked are dead (at least the 2015 I found. Searching the forum found some great info but not a real "rep of the year" thread; does it exist?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Really? Didn't find it?

It's right next to the "Rep Oscars" thread and just underneath "Golden Globe for reps" thread. 😜

Just kidding, never heard of it. 😂 Could be something from before my time here. Maybe some veteran members will know. @BMW760 for example has been on here since 2011. @Djsani26 since 2009. They may know...

eddieo

lifelong Masshole
Certified
7/3/23
Massachusetts
Just kidding, never heard of it. 😂 Could be something from before my time here.
yeah, that's sometimes a problem with directing noobs to read stickies and searching forums: outdated info and/or links. I've been on web forums since the early days of this century, mostly cars. Noobs were often told "STFF" or "RTFM". I'll keep reading, lol.....

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
yeah, that's sometimes a problem with directing noobs to read stickies and searching forums: outdated info and/or links. I've been on web forums since the early days of this century, mostly cars. Noobs were often told "STFF" or "RTFM". I'll keep reading, lol.....
Valid criticism. I noticed that some stickies need an overhaul. The problem is that the links are not really "dead", but should actually still be alive.

The issue is that last summer, RWI migrated to an entirely new software, which I believe rendered many links invalid because the URL format changed. Some have been updated, but not all. I'll suggest an overhaul internally and volunteer to update the rest...

• Love
Reactions: eddieo

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
There were annual awards given every year around RWI's anniversary for Dealer of the Year, Member of the Year etc... Last ones were several years ago. I think Rep of the Year may have been one of them. Regardless, any that won then, would likely not be up to par with what is offered today.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
still doing all my noob-reading, many old threads with dead web-hosted photos, lol. several threads recommend checking "Rep of the Year" threads, but any that were linked are dead (at least the 2015 I found. Searching the forum found some great info but not a real "rep of the year" thread; does it exist?
Look what I found while fixing dead links:

Have fun with your rep of the year 2015! I'm sure not much has improved in almost a decade!

😜🤪😆😂😂😂😂

Just kidding. Read it, learn, and then come back to 2023. Our reps are better. 😉😊😁

• Haha
Reactions: eddieo
T

TrishYou

Lol guys, anyway Rep of the year to me is BTF Daytona if you want a real answer