• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removing the V2 Ploprof Bezel Insert

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I've removed mine, finally.

This is going to Goin for a complete relume, but he asked me to take the insert off before sending- so I did. :)

Here's how I did mine:

1. Remove rubber strap
2. Use a heat gun and hold over the insert going in circles around the insert
3. Use my handy dandy mechanics gloves to hold the watch and work the insert back and forth with my thumbs
4. When the insert is moved as far as it can go with a little effort, heat again
5. Work the insert some more
6. When it spins around, take some duct tape and press down gently on the insert all the way around
7. Lift the insert out.

Ta Da! :)

Ploprof-Bezel-Insert-Removal-2.jpg

Ploprof-Bezel-Insert-Removal-3.jpg

Ploprof-Bezel-Insert-Removal-1.jpg

The leather on the finger of the glove works fine for working the insert. I didn't press very hard at all, not wanting to scratch the painted underside. This worked perfectly and was easy to do.

Now to get some peanut butter and clean the glue off the back of the insert. As far as applying the correct super-lume, I doubt that it will bother the paint if it's dabbed on and not brushed on firmly then pushed around. One thought might be to apply a thin coat of sealer but I really don't think that's necessary. Once I get the watch back from Goin, I'll post the new lume shots.

Francisco

23/12/07
thanks for sharing.

I would like to know the type of lume (code) that is going to be applied.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
which insert is going in v1 or v2?

The V1 insert has the correct type of lume application on the back but it's not very strong. The V2 is the insert which can have the super lume applied directly to the underside. As far as I'm concerned, the V1 is a waste of time to do anything with except to use for spare parts. If you didn't want to lume the V2 insert, then swap it with the V1 insert. The innards are all the same and the crown guard swaps 1:1. After that, you're left with a 1 piece case back and a case that doesn't have the proper bezel release (diameter is too skinny, is only there for show as it doesn't and anything to do with locking the bezel), and a bad deployant.

So to answer your question, the V2 is where it stays. :)