• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removal of Submariner caseback...advice needed

watcher13

Known Member
7/6/08
Oh happy days. Just recieved my first rep, a Rollie-SUB (and a very cheap Seamaster). I want to remove the Rolex caseback to verify the movement, and to take pics for your opinions and discussion. I don't have the "proper" tools, so I plan to improvise. Based on reading earlier discussions I plan on using a rubber jar opener, or balled up duct tape. I've also been experimenting with a little photography. It's definately not as easy as you all make it it look!! I've got a basic automatic Olympus FE-280, and I've tried flash on/off, etc. My main photography problem has been focus. The "angle shots" look really bad...part focus-part blurred. I think I'll work more on straight on shots, and camera stability. I wa splanning on inserting a couple now.....I tried to use the insert image feature on top of the message post block, but I must be doing it wrong. I'll figure it out within the next couple of days as I'm ready to post some pics. Thanks. Cheers!

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
SUCTION cup.

I have a couple suction cups off of the bottom of a video game joystick, probably 1 1/2 inch in diameter.

i put the suction cup thing on, make sure it's really sucked onto it, and with gloves or towel or heck, even a small handy vice grip, gravb the stem of the suction cup and give it a twist. so easy! OH is it sooooo easy!

SPSC158LH.jpg

124.jpg

you can find em elsewhere - my soap scrunchie thing has one on it.

i tried the tape once, but it got messy and i couldnt get enough traction.

watcher13

Known Member
7/6/08
Great idea crick!!! much less messy. I also assume it's counter clockwise to remove it??? regards

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
watcher13 said:
I also assume it's counter clockwise to remove it??? regards

yep counter clockwise...the suction cup thingy is a great idea.

watcher13

Known Member
7/6/08
Muchos Gratis cybee.... Now if I can just figure out how to insert a damn image.....I hate Microsoft windows.......shit/ EDIT...futdamnu joiew esch grtytjhf

koster88

Known Member
17/6/08
watcher13 said:
Muchos Gratis cybee.... Now if I can just figure out how to insert a damn image.....I hate Microsoft windows.......s**t/ EDIT...futdamnu joiew esch grtytjhf

upload the pic to Photobuck.com, then once you have done that, you will see a line you can copy and past into the message boards. makes it real simple.

johng

Renowned Member
16/4/08
koster88 said:
watcher13 said:
Muchos Gratis cybee.... Now if I can just figure out how to insert a damn image.....I hate Microsoft windows.......s**t/ EDIT...futdamnu joiew esch grtytjhf

upload the pic to Photobuck.com, then once you have done that, you will see a line you can copy and past into the message boards. makes it real simple.
It is photobucket.com and there are FOUR lines you can copy - use the last which has image tags on it - just copy and past that into your message.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
If you have strong hands a pair of latex gloves can usually get most rep casebacks off

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
If you dont want to open a Photobucket account, you can use tinypic.com .

watcher13

Known Member
7/6/08
Thanks to all...after you see how bad my pics are later you'll wish you hadn't helped me!!!! I finally got a decent photo of the front, but you can see finger prints all over the thing......AARHGGaaaa **** **** ****