• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

removal of markers from Omega dials

auslander

18/2/11
Does anyone know of a method to remove the applied markers from an Omega dial? I have a ladies Constellation I need to remove the markers from this dial.

8adggxe.jpg

ichi

25/4/12
Are there spots on the back of the dial where you see they were glued in? Sometimes the markers have a pin that mounts through the dial and gets glued in. To remove those kinds I scrape off excess from the back and give a gentle push with a fine punch tool, you can probably use a pin thats not too sharp. if it has any resistance there are things that help dissolve the glue but use exceedingly sparingly as to not have any go through onto the dial. Hope that helps

auslander

18/2/11
This thing is really tiny. I dont think I have any tool fine enough to punch through it :-/

I was hoping there was a solvent of some kind but it doesnt really look like there is much if any glue

hkuhZhg.jpg

ichi

25/4/12
u can try pressing some rodico on the markers if you think there's no glue, that might be enough to pull it out. It has on more than one occasion pulled a number off a rep dial i've been working on.

auslander

18/2/11
I was using the wrong tweezers and my grip slipped and pressed to hard on the dial from behind :-/ got one of the markers out though! I had a rough day and was too tense... sigh.

auslander

18/2/11
Ha! Tabernac! Havent heard that since I was in Montreal. oh you Canadians ;P