• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rehaut alignment fix?

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I have seen many pictures showing misaligned rehauts across various models. Some members say it is an easy fix, by moving the dial or movement? Usually its just a little misaligned and it bothers some people, personally I am very annoyed by that. I am aware even gens have this problem, its an ocd issue.

Since many say its an easy fix, can someone please tell me how can the alignment be fixed?

Some fixes I read are by loosening the movement stems, re-adjusting and tighten again or by tilting the dial? Im not sure how its done. If anyone have tried to fix this please share your experience.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
The rehaut is generally part of the watch case. I.e. the flange around the inner edge of the watch that holds the watch crystal. You may get rehaut distortion dependant on what crystal you have. You can't realign the rehaut though.

Last edited:

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Yes I know that the rehaut is engraved into the case and I am in no way refering to the crystal. Some members have been able to fix it but no one shared a detailed post as to how.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Open caseback, loosen movement clamps. Rotate movement in desired direction, tighten clamps, close caseback.

You can only make VERY slight corrections using this method. It's possible to impose undesired stress on the stem, which cannot tolerate much displacement. You also change the position of the date window relative to the cyclops which may make it look worse.

It's not a great solution, you are better off learning to accept it.

Last edited:

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Yes I know that the rehaut is engraved into the case and I am in no way refering to the crystal. Some members have been able to fix it but no one shared a detailed post as to how.

No, the Rehaut isn’t engraved into the case. The inner edge of the Rehaut can be engraved though.
682db5ced83a549667c37184a65f85c8.jpg

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Open caseback, loosen movement clamps. Rotate movement in desired direction, tighten clamps, close caseback.
This is the answer if you want to align the dial to the Rehaut engraving.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16

You can only make VERY slight corrections using this method. It's possible to impose undesired stress on the stem, which cannot tolerate much displacement. You also change the position of the date window relative to the cyclops which may make it look worse.

It's not a great solution, you are better off learning to accept it.

From the looks of the SD43 I had, its only a mm or less misaligned, I think thats most cases. By clamps do you mean the outer clamps or the inner ones?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
From the looks of the SD43 I had, its only a mm or less misaligned, I think thats most cases. By clamps do you mean the outer clamps or the inner ones?

The outer clamps. They are the ones that anchor the movement to the case. If you do this, you should test full functionality of the crown before closing it back up. Thread the crown all the way out, test the positions, thread it all the way back in while observing it for tightness, friction, and bending.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Thanks Jack n KJ for yout inputs. Will give the solution a try.

Reactions: jackflash

TudorTime706

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/8/17
Georgia
Going to try this on my V9 Sub Sunday when my caseback tool comes in. The watch is absolutely perfect... minus that.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Going to try this on my V9 Sub Sunday when my caseback tool comes in. The watch is absolutely perfect... minus that.
Hey mate, if you dont mind, can you post some pics of the process? Would like to see the crown stem position changes. From some QC pics I've seen, factories sometimes clamp down the movement without the stem being straight.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey mate, if you dont mind, can you post some pics of the process? Would like to see the crown stem position changes. From some QC pics I've seen, factories sometimes clamp down the movement without the stem being straight.

This is true, and sometimes you can actually improve your situation by rotating the movement a bit IF your desired rotation is in the right direction!

Omega703

Getting To Know The Place
16/2/19
I had this issue with my noob hulk that arrived a couple weeks ago. It was such a beautiful watch but the twelve marker touches the left of the crown. This drove me nuts and I realigned it, but before doing so I was reading some gen forums and this is an issue with gens as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Certified
18/7/18
I had this issue with my noob hulk that arrived a couple weeks ago. It was such a beautiful watch but the twelve marker touches the left of the crown. This drove me nuts and I realigned it, but before doing so I was reading some gen forums and this is an issue with gens as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of my gens also don’t have the crown of the rehaut aligned with the 12 marker

Reactions: Omega703

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Its pretty common on reps and even gens. Thats why i created the thread so its easy for people like me to search for a fix.

Reactions: FussyBuyer

adj

Known Member
12/4/19
Hello i have the same alignment issue in my noob exp2 216570 taken m2m here in rwi. Basically i would need to move the dial 1 degree anticlockwise. Did anyone of you already realigned the dial? Any advise in how to do it is much appreciated! Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI