• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recent service and Franken by Tbuttery

Smileysly

Looking Around
27/6/22
I been a lurker on these forums and have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge. Now I would like to some how give back by recommending Tbuttery for any watch service you may need.

I purchased a VSF 114060 with the sole purpose to franken it. Was able to secure a used set of gen dial, hands, xtal, bezel, assembly, and crown. As we all know some reps straight from the factory is either under oiled, over oiled, and dirty. So I decided on a full service and water tightness test.

From the start contacting Trevor to drop off, during service, and pick up went extremely smooth. During the whole process he kept me up to date, he is genuinely a nice guy so we chatted a bit about watches throughout. Learned he is able to source almost any gen parts you would like. So down the road I plan to upgrade some movement parts.

When he completed my watch, I was amazed at the work. It was exactly how i pictured this project. I feel it is running so smooth now. When I first got the watch it felt some what gritty winding it.

As we know it’s extremely hard to find a watchsmith for our reps. But I can say with Trevor you are in good hands. Highly recommend him!

Attached is a pic of my extremely poor camera taking skills