• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Received the 45mm Planet ocean from Trustytime. I am a happy camper :)

mike00

Known Member
20/4/11
Great and flawless transaction as usual.
Thanx for the fast replies Andrew.

Finally it reached me. As usual first one with ordering but last one receiving :lol:
I must admit I was worried since many people started to mention the lack of AR on the 45MM versions.
Yes the 42mm is stronger but there is just something with this crystal.
The crystal is crisp clear, different compared to other watches.
Yes there are reflections but I like it the way it is. No mods for me with this one.

The ETA is running butter smooth and keeps great time. The clasp works flawless and the 45mm fits my 7.4 inch wrist nicely.
Something I really appreciate about OMEGA is the mat finished dial on these versions. I prefer them above glossy ones like the PLOPROF.

I wear it now for 3 days non stop and think it will sit on my wrist for the upcoming weeks :)
The look though caseback is a nice feature and to me it looks close enough.

Well onto the pics shall we. I will add more pics later on, but due to being stuffed with work lately I could only shoot these.
I know no caseback shots but I will made one asap.

Cheers guys!

sa8ysyry.jpg

6eve4ebe.jpg

ra7ega6e.jpg

5y6a2ere.jpg

ezevu5av.jpg

dy2uqy6u.jpg

neme2e8y.jpg

hegere4y.jpg

5y7ese2u.jpg

8y2ydaja.jpg

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Very nice Mike, I think you are globally right the AR is not as dramatic as it looked in the QC pics.

I still decided to send mine to AR treatment to improve it a little, but I asked myself the question many times, I was not completely sure... !! Now new wait for the watch with a new AR... ;)

albiea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/13
So jealous! I'm still waiting for my QC pics. Idiot me ordered after the CNY started! :(

kingsen87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/13
Does yours have the "Liquidmetal" engraving on the back ?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thats the best AR i have seen on a 45mm one, really good!

Enjoy it and thanks for sharing!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Thanks for the pics mike, looks great! Glad you finally got it!

Ye guys need to see it beside a 42mm though, there is a major difference . I wouldn't call the AR mismatches a fiasco, just a major mess up maybe :)

Although I have put a few scratches on the 42mm outer AR in the past week, no idea how and they seemed to happen from very light touches....so I'm beginning to wonder how durable the 42mm AR really is! Maybe better off with the 45mm! ;)

Anyway Mike wear it well, great pics!

D.cooper

Horology Curious
22/4/12
Great watch. Best I've seen in a long time. Do you have Andrews email?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I have the money waiting on my PP account for 45.5 mm version from Toro :) Hopefully our TDs get these soon!