• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Received My Navitimer Today

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
I received my Navitimer from Andrew today. As with my 1st rep purchase, also from Andrew, everything went completely smooth. It took a total of six days, including the weekend, to be delivered. The watch was running REALLY fast at first (around 5 seconds per minute :shock: ), but seems to have settled down. I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days. By the way, do I have the deployant set-up the right way? It seems to open very easily.

[/i]

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
This is a beauty, I have the same one. My only question is, why you got an old model with the old 7750 movement? I thought all the dealers, including Andrew, were advertising the new Navi with the 7750b1 under the hood? How much did it cost you?

BTW, I highly reccomend you get a Bob leather strap for deployant. It looks much more authentic than the rep strap!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
andreww said:
This is a beauty, I have the same one. My only question is, why you got an old model with the old 7750 movement? I thought all the dealers, including Andrew, were advertising the new Navi with the 7750b1 under the hood? How much did it cost you?

BTW, I highly reccomend you get a Bob leather strap for deployant. It looks much more authentic than the rep strap!

i was looking at the bob deployant straps and they didn't have the holes for the clasp. are they not shown in the pictures?

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
This is a beauty, I have the same one. My only question is, why you got an old model with the old 7750 movement? I thought all the dealers, including Andrew, were advertising the new Navi with the 7750b1 under the hood?

What lead you to this conculsion? It is supposed to have the b1. Am I missing something?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I am not too sure too why andreww said it is not newer Asian 7750... You may wish to check the chrono function. Observe the second chrono hand movement. Compare it with ETA2824/2836 if you have one. If it ticks as smooth, you've got the newer Asian 7750 if it's much jerkier, you have the old Asian 7750. This method doesn't require you to open the caseback.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
jburton said:
This is a beauty, I have the same one. My only question is, why you got an old model with the old 7750 movement? I thought all the dealers, including Andrew, were advertising the new Navi with the 7750b1 under the hood?

What lead you to this conculsion? It is supposed to have the b1. Am I missing something?

I say this because of the font in the date window. Its the old generic font that came with the old 7750s. The date window is small like the older version and the subdials are not recessed. This appears to be the exact watch that I have (May 06) and I can pretty much guarantee its the old movement. Unscrew the back and give us a pic.