• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Received 45.5 PO from PWC

calle81

Horology Curious
13/3/10
Hi!

(I posted the same thread over at repgeek but i think there are more viewers over here...)

Today I finally received my first rep. (From Robert at PWC or Time4Direct). It's an B/W PO looking exactly like this one:

71730844.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9215/71730844.jpg
(Hottunaz image)

As you can see the pearl is slightly misaligned. The logo has the clown feet and it is missing the tiny serifs on the 12, 6 and 9.

Otherwise its a very nice rep. I'm interested in making this more gen like or "franken"
biggrin_c.gif

I've been lurking for a week or two and picked up some knowledge
tongue.gif

I'd like to swap the dial for a gen and if possible also the bezel. I'm located in the EU so I'm hoping Domi can help me with this. Do you know if he can supply me with the gen parts or should I buy them from cousins.co.uk?

From what I have understood its easy to swap the dial but harder to swap the bezel. Do you know if Domi can do that?

Are there any other parts I should mod when sending it away?

thicklove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/09
I also purchased the same watch and am waiting for it to arrive, except I got it from MReplica. Post photos of your actual watch if you can.

thicklove

29/8/09
Looks to be the same one I have coming in from MReplica. Same issues, but overall, looks pretty good. The pearl actually doesn't look as bad as I expected it to. I will post my photos once I get it as well.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Looks like your bezel insert is just skewed a bit. You can heat it up with a hair dryer and try to "skootch" it a bit to get it in alignment. You may, after heating it, have to take it out, clean it up, and re-install it with a few tiny drops of Gorilla Glue.

thicklove

29/8/09
Looks like your bezel insert is just skewed a bit. You can heat it up with a hair dryer and try to "skootch" it a bit to get it in alignment. You may, after heating it, have to take it out, clean it up, and re-install it with a few tiny drops of Gorilla Glue.

Isn't the pearl locked in place and therefore won't allot the bezel insert to be moved?

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Isn't the pearl locked in place and therefore won't allot the bezel insert to be moved?

Nope, the pearl is part of the bezel. Just get it good and hot (be careful, the metal will be hot!) and carefully move the bezel over.

calle81

Horology Curious
13/3/10
Hi!

My PO has been gathering dust in a box for a while now.

Is there a "cheap" alternative to get a better looking bezel insert on this type of replica now a days?

Best,
Carl

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
ebay seller WHOLESALEOUTLET990 is a popular choice although they are a hit an miss...

TheCold

15/8/09
ebay seller WHOLESALEOUTLET990 is a popular choice although they are a hit an miss...

+1

Although I found it hard to fit the inserts as they are for gen specifications. To get it nice and snug one would have to file down the edges. On my franken I ordered a new rep insert asked for a centered pearl(which I got) than exchanged it with a gen pearl from an old seamaster insert.

calle81

Horology Curious
13/3/10
WHOLESALEOUTLET990 sadly doesn't seem to have any omega inserts left on ebay or am I looking at the wrong place?