• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rebrush/Repolish VC Overseas Bracelet

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Has anyone ever tried to rebrush and repolish their VCO bracelet? It seems the gen has much more prominent brushing than the rep.

I'm thinking of running some Scotch-brite down the length of the bracelet, would that work in giving it a more brushed look? Also, will it affect the polished parts of the bracelet, and what is the best way to re-polish those areas?

Feuervogel

Known Member
10/5/11
Honestly:
Do you want doing it to make the watch more "gen"? VC is not a very common watch and I doubt that anyone in your vicinity ever has real seen a gen Overseas.

I have a VC Overseas with black dial, and the only disturbing point to me is a black datewheel instead of a white one. It is one of the best reps I´ve ever bought!

And if you are not to be stopped from your plans by me - don´t use scotch bright, there is special stuff for watchmakers to rebrush the bracelet.

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
You're right, it does look very good as is and I'm lucky I have the white DW too...but I think the bracelet would look much better with the heavier brushing as it would provide more of a contrast to the polished areas.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
If you wish to refinish the VCO bracelet, you would probably be best off masking off the polished parts before rebrushing the bracelet. Honestly, it doesn't look like it'll be a particularly simple exercise, and might at the very least require you to disassemble the entire bracelet.